HONG KONG's Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL), now a Cosco unit, posted a 6
- OOCL sales up 6.3pc to US$5.9b as volume rises 9.9pc to 6.69m TEU
- Union Pacific 2018 profit up 29pc to US$6 billion as sales rise 7.5pc
THE Omaha-based Union Pacific Railroad posted a 29 per cent year-on-year profit increase to US$6 billion in 2018, drawn on operational revenues of...
- Asian air cargo posts 2018 gains, offsetting December slowdown
AIR cargo carriers in Asia posted increased in 2018 despite a slowdown in December, reported London's Air Cargo News
- Air cargo peak deflated after rush ahead of US-China tariff hikes
THE 2018 peak air cargo season proved a disappointment and volumes even fell between October and November, usually the busiest months
- NYK gains funding to build its first methanol-powered chemical tanker
NYK has lined up a 'green loan' of JPY2 billion (US$18
- DP World and AMOVA develop out-of-the-box storage rack for containers
DP World and materials-handling firm AMOVA have joined forces to develop a rack-storage system for shipping containers passing through the port...
- Port automation faces costs, operational challenges: McKinsey
A NEW report from research and consulting firm McKinsey & Co says the global port sector has been much slower to automate than other comparable...
- Nigeria loses US$7b annually by not fully tapping maritime shipping sector
NIGERIA is looking to unlock the full potential of its maritime shipping industry that has the scope to become a major revenue earner for the federal...
- Long Beach makes gains on no-growth LA port, but gap remains
LONG BEACH cargo volume increased 1
- Long Beach makes gains on no-growth LA port, but gaps remains
LONG BEACH cargo volume increased 1
- Dubai airport cargo makes gains in October, but slips 0.9pc year to date
DUBAI International Airport handled 237,499 tonnes of cargo in October, up 2
- DP World gains US$377 million financing to build terminal in Ecuador
DP WORLD Posorja has been awarded financing of up to US$377 million from IDB Invest, the private sector institution of the Inter-American Development...
- Commonwealth ocean action gains traction at COP24
“Real experiences” are what drove some Commonwealth countries to take up the banner for the ocean, stepping forward to champion action groups of...
- US November rail traffic up 3.6pc in week ending in December: AAR.
US RAILWAYS originated 1,032,067 carloads in November 2018, down 0
- Ontario airport cargo increases 17pc to 610,000 tons in 10 months
STEADY gains in cargo volumes continued in October at Ontario International Airport (ONT), putting the Inland Empire airport on pace to post double...
- DHL Q3 profit falls from US$735 million to $167 million as sales rise
DEUTSCHE Post DHL Group's third quarter net profit fell to EUR146 million (US$167
- Sino-American trade gap widens as tariffs bite US economy, slowing orders
THE US trade deficit has widened while orders for business equipment declined for a second month, adding to signs that an escalating tariff war is...
- CP bullish after 19.8pc quarterly profit hike to US$489.9 million
THE Canadian Pacific Railway has posted third quarter 19
- AIPUT gains planning permission for new dnata Heathrow cargo warehouse
LONDON's Airport Industrial Property Unit Trust (AIPUT) fund has secured local council planning permission for its 250,000-square foot dnata City...
- Drewry: Trade not as good as first thought and now in steep decline
CONTAINER demand revisions suggest that demand from Asia to the Middle East and South Asia is in a steep decline, according to London research house...