2M Alliance members Maersk Line and Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC) have added a port call in Nansha - in southern China's Guangdong...
- China's port of Nansha gains 2M alliance's US east coast service
- Russia-connected CargoLogic Germany gains air operator licence in Europe
CARGO carrier CargoLogic Germany (CLG) has received a European operating licence from the German Federal Ministry of Transport
- North American total rail traffic down 3.3pc as economy weakens
TOTAL North American rail volume for the week ending August 31, from 12 reporting US, Canadian and Mexican railways, came to 375,177 carloads, down 3
- Oakland lifts record 90,598 TEU of imports in July as exports rise 10pc
THE Port of Oakland saw its busiest month ever for container imports when it handled 90,598 TEU in July, representing year-on-year growth of 7
- Top 100 ports show stable growth in 2018 handling 616m TEU
BOX volumes at the world's top 100 container ports reached 616
- US rail freight volumes continue to fall, down 3.4pc in H1
US rail freight traffic is continuing to decrease with volumes for the week ending July 20 contracting 4
- Old Dominion's Q2 net income up 6.5pc to US$174m on 2.6pc hike in revenue
OLD Dominion Freight Line, a less-than-truckload (LTL) carrier based in Thomasville, North Carolina, saw second quarter net income rise 6
- Union Pacific quarterly profit up 10pc, though revenue slips 1pc
BIGGEST American railway, the Union Pacific reported a 10 per cent second quarter year-on-year operating profit increase to US$2
- CSX moves into quarterly decline as revenue falls 1pc to US$3.06 billion
US CLASS I railway CSX Corporation (CSX) suffered an 0
- European air carriers have mixed June cargo results with Turkish gains
EUROPEAN air carriers achieved mixed results in June, mixed results, reflecting concerns over protectionist policies in global trade, reported New...
- Shipping sector shows mixed performance in first half: Clarksons
OVERALL the ClarkSea Index rose eight per cent year on year in the first half, and Clarksons Research's mid-year report for the shipping sector...
- More automated container terminals over next 10 years: Moody's
INVESTMENT rating agency Moody's expects more automated container terminals will be built over the next decade given their 'competitive...
- S'pore shipmanager urges shipping sector to fully embrace digitisation
THE shipping industry must harness all that digitisation can yield if companies are to survive in future, says Rajesh Unni, CEO of Singapore-based...
- Trade war causes China box exports to US to slump 6.5pc from January-May
CHINA's containerised exports to the US have slipped 6
- China box exports to US down 6.5pc from January to May
CONTAINERISED exports to the US have slumped 6
- British Airways pilots seek strike vote - 'profit hikes not reflected in pay'
BRITISH Airways pilots have called for a strike vote after unions rejected the latest pay package from management, reports Bloomberg
- First 10,010-TEU vessel visits ITCSI's Ecuador unit
THE Ecuador subsidiary of International Container Terminal Services, Inc (ICTSI) handled its first container vessel of 10,010-TEU capacity at the...
- India's 12 major ports' box volume up 6.7pc to 861,000 TEU in April
INDIA's 12 major ports posted 5
- Strong economy, rising wages, low jobless bodes well for Long Beach
A STRONG US economy, tame inflation, under control interest rates, low unemployment and rising wages show a consumer spending boom is in the offing,...
- Hapag-Lloyd back in black, quarterly revenue up 8.6pc to US$3.9b
GERMAN shipping giant Hapag-Lloyd posted a first quarter net profit of US$104