AMERICAN Trucking Associations (ATA) has reported that the third-quarter turnover rate at large truckload carriers fell 11 percentage points to 87...
- Q3 turnover rate at large truckload carriers falls 11 percentage points
- Asia-Europe rate flat at US$996/TEU, up 2.7pc to USWC
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending Friday remained flat at US$996 per TEU, according to the Shanghai...
- MSC's 19,224-TEUer spills 250 boxes at sea, faces big clean up
THE Mediterranean Shipping Co (MSC) said it has started a cleanup operation after its 19,224-TEU MSC Zoe lost more than 250 containers in the North...
- APMT/Concor terminal leads at JNPT with shortest dwell times
GATEWAY Terminals India (GTI), a joint venture between APM Terminals Group and domestic railway operator Container Corporation of India (Concor) that...
- Maersk drops Chennai, India's east coast port eyes transshipment rescue
NOW that Maersk Line has dropped Chennai because of poor productivity, the biggest port on the east coast of India is hoping transshipment will...
- CargoLogicAir flies 82 race horses from US to Europe after US okay
SOON after being awarded a US Department of Agriculture (USDA) licence, CargoLogicAir (CLA) has transported 82 race horses for two different...
- Asia-Europe rate steady at US$753/TEU as flat rates rule throughout
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending Friday recorded little change at US$753 per TEU, according to the...
- Cargo results among world airports, airlines mixed in September
THE world's leading airlines and airports across posted mixed results in September, despite an expected pick up with the approach of the peak...
- Asia-Europe rate drops 0.5pc US$727/TEU, rises 3.4pc to USWC
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending Friday dropped 0
- PierPass 2.0 at LA and LB ports to start Nov 19
THE revised OffPeak programme for providing extended gate hours at the ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach - dubbed PierPass 2
- Brussels Airport cargo up 2.5pc in September to 58,051 tons
BRUSSELS Airport saw its cargo traffic rise by 2
- Long Beach port moves record 8m TEU in fiscal year 2018
THE US port of Long Beach handled a record 8,000,929 TEU in fiscal year 2018 that ended on September 30, representing a year-on-year increase of 10
- Shipping companies must embrace digitalisation: APL chief Nicolas Sartini
PRESENTLY there is no digital disruptor on the horizon that could rattle the very foundations of the container shipping industry unlike other sectors...
- Gloomy outlook for containership charter market in season without peak
DIMINISHING post-peak season forward demand and the cancellation of service upgrades by container shipping lines have led to a drop in enquiries,...
- Wreck towed to Askvoll
The 'Heiko' was pulled off the ground off Flatøy close to Askvoll in the afternoon of Sep 29 by two tugs
- Tug ready to refloat Heiko
On Sep 27 the Norwegian tug 'BB Server' (IMO: 9410612) which already had carried out fire extinguishing work, was ready at the quay in...
- HKIA's air cargo returns to growth in August handling 431,000 tonnes
THE world's busiest cargo airport, Hong Kong International Airport (HKIA), saw cargo traffic return to growth in August after volumes were flat...
- Heiko on the rocks
On Sep 20, the fire aboard the 'Heiko' had calmed down
- Burning ship abandoned
On Sep 19, 2018, short before midnight the 'Heiko', sailing in ballast, suffered an engine breakdown, followed by a fire
- Air cargo volumes at Frankfurt airport dip 0.8pc in August
GERMANY's Frankfurt airport's air cargo volumes remained largely flat in August after recording a year-on-year increase of just 0