SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending Friday was up five per cent to US$780 per TEU, while the...
- Asia-Europe rates up 5pc to US$780/TEU, USWC soar 13.7pc to 1,471/FEU
- Land, air and sea search for faster delivery of China-European containers
WHILE super-size containerships sailing at comparatively low speeds carry international trade between Chinese and European ports at low cost per...
- China-US west coast rates 6pc down, worse to come with tariffs
RATES from China to the US west coast continued to drop after a mid-month rates hikes were announced, reports the American Journal of Transportation,...
- Karachi's major port more than doubles capacity, despite 2018 slowdown
HONG KONG's Hutchison Ports Pakistan, holds 90 per cent in the country's only deep-water port capable of berthing the world's biggest...
- Huawei CFO seeks to quash US extradition, citing Trump comments
HUAWEI's chief financial officer Meng Wanzhou intends to seek dismissal of the US request to have her extradited in part based on statements by...
- Melbourne Q1 boxes up 1.09pc, leading otherwise flat Aussie result
THE Port of Melbourne increased its first quarter international container throughput 1
- Best ever April for San Pedro ports, but only empties made real gains
THE Port of Los Angeles and Long Beach each had their best Aprils ever with Long Beach beating its all-time record set 13 years ago with last...
- Hamburg volumes dip as other HHLA box terminals enjoy strong Q1
THE Hamburger Hafen und Logistik (HHLA) first-quarter Hamburg volumes may have declined, but international operations at Tallinn and Odessa helped...
- Maersk to slash Asia-Europe FAK rates from 16 May
DANISH shipping giant Maersk Line has announced it's cutting its FAK rates from Asia to Northern Europe from May 16, as ocean carriers serving...
- Air cargo helps Alaska Air to maintain slight Q1 profit
SEATTLE's Alaska Airlines reported a flat year on year first quarter profit of US$4 million, drawn on revenues of $1
- Russia's TransContainer sees Q1 volumes rise 7.7pc to 492,000 TEU
TRANSCONTAINER, a leading intermodal container company in Russia, saw cargo volumes rise in the first quarter 7
- Mega ships deemed unnecessary for service in intra-Asia trade
WITH 31 million TEU and 100 port pairs, the intra-Asia trade accounts for one-in-four containers shipped globally each year
- Costamare quarterly profit flat at US$13.6 million, revenues up 22pc
MAJOR Greek shipowner Costamare's year-on-year first quarter profit was flat at US$13
- Hong Kong airport's Q1 dives 5.4pc to 1.1 million tons after flat March
HONG KONG International Airport (HKIA) recorded just 0
- Virginia port's March down 5.4pc to 240,000 TEU, Lunar New Year blamed
THE Port of Virginia container volume in March declined 5
- Asia-Europe rate declines 2.7pc to US$640/TEU, off 1pc to USWC
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending Friday declined 2
- Dachser's global 2018 net revenue up 6pc to US$6.6b
GERMAN logistics provider Dachser SE says its US subsidiary expanded twice as fast as its overall business, after Dachser USA Air & Sea Logistics...
- Asia-Europe rate up 1.1pc to US$658/TEU, but rate to USWC remains flat
SPOT rates from China to North Europe increased 1
- Signs of China-US air freight rates on the rise: FIS
FOLLOWING one of the softest markets in air freight seen for some time with air freight rates in February thought to have fallen to their lowest...
- March container freight rate hike builds on February's recovery
SIGNIFICANT, albeit small, growth in European import and export activity, combined with increased Far East imports and continued growth in US exports...