SIGNS of an impending global recession are piling up with a world map littered with potential economic and geopolitical crises
- Ocean shipping will be able to ride out a global recession: report
- US LTL industry looks healthy with higher contract rates
LESS-THAN-TRUCKLOAD (LTL) carriers in the US are in excellent financial health, a major turnaround from a decade ago when the industry was in...
- Maersk's Q2 profit soars 793pc to US$134 million as sales rise 0.6pc
DANISH shipping giant Maersk Group's second quarter net profit soared 793 per cent year on year to US$134 million, drawn on revenues of US$9
- China's producer price index falls to -0.3pc in July, hit by trade war
CHINA's exports to the US declined by 8
- Asia-Europe rate flat at US$810/TEU, USWC off 7.2pc to $1,474/FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending Friday were flat at US$810 per TEU, while the...
- Peak season transpacific freight rates sink 25pc below last year's
Transpacific freight rates to the US West Coast are 25 per cent below where they were this time last year, according to the latest data from the...
- Adani Ports' April-June profit up 47.5pc as volumes hit 1.5 million TEU
ADANI Ports and Special Economic Zone (APSEZ), India's largest port developer and logistics arm of the Adani Group, saw consolidated net profit...
- Insurance rate spikes, regulations, low profits take toll on US trucking
A SURGE in insurance rates has forced Alabama-based flatbed carrier, Carney Trucking Company, to close
- Danaos first half profit up 17pc to US$34.3 million as revenue flattens
MAJOR Greek containership owner Danaos Corporation's first half net profit increased 17
- Cargo volumes in worldwide decline as trade uncertainty envelops all
FREIGHT volumes around the world are falling, signalling tougher times amid escalating trade tensions and heightened uncertainty, according to a...
- Union Pacific quarterly profit up 10pc, though revenue slips 1pc
BIGGEST American railway, the Union Pacific reported a 10 per cent second quarter year-on-year operating profit increase to US$2
- US-China trade war brings gas carrier trade to near standstill
CHINA was the leading importer of the US
- European air carriers have mixed June cargo results with Turkish gains
EUROPEAN air carriers achieved mixed results in June, mixed results, reflecting concerns over protectionist policies in global trade, reported New...
- FedEx still world's top cargo carrier, Emirates is in 2nd place, says IATA
FEDEX has continued to hold on to the top spot as the world's busiest cargo airline with volumes up 3
- Panalpina introduces war risk surcharge on Middle East sea freight
PANALPINA Welttransport has introduced a US$52 per TEU 'war risk surcharge' for Middle East shipments passing through the Strait of Hormuz to...
- Shipping body downgrades Thailand's export forecast to a 1pc decline
THAILAND's exports declined by 2
- Most Asian carriers report cargo traffic declines for May
TAIWAN-BASED EVA Air and China Airlines reported year-on-year cargo declines, while China Southern and Air China reported mixed results in their...
- Asia-Europe rate off 4.4pc to US$745/TEU, USWC off 1.6pc to $1,416/FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending Friday fell 4
- Asia-Europe rate remains flat at US$779/TEU, USWC down at $1,439/FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending Friday remained flat at US$779 per TEU, while the...
- Spot rates make extraordinary 13.7pc jump in face of cancelled sailings
THE Shanghai Containerised Freight Index (SCFI) posted an extraordinary 13