DANISH shipping giant AP Moeller-Maersk has no plans to buy new vessels and will instead focus on controlling costs and target its growth efforts...
- Maersk says purchase of box ships is off despite strong quarterly results
- Global air cargo volume continues downwards slide as volumes fall 4.5pc in Sept
GLOBAL airfreight volume, measured in freight tonne kilometres (FTKs), suffered a year-on-year decline of 4
- Sinotrans Q3 profit slips 6.64pc to US$19.68 million, but mum on sales
SINOTRANS, a Hong Kong-based company principally engaged in forwarding, posted a 6
- World air cargo volume falls in September, but decline flattens
THE International Air Transport Association (IATA) reported a 4
- North America's Q3 intermodal volumes fall 3.7pc, but upturn expected
TOTAL intermodal volumes declined by 3
- Atlas Air posts flat quarterly profit of US$60 million on flat revenues
UPSTATE New York's NASDAQ-listed Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings reported a flat third quarter net profit which changed little year on year at US$60...
- Maersk demands industry develop zero-emission fuels to decarbonise
DANISH shipping giant Maersk is urging the energy industry to urgently focus on developing and producing zero-emission fuels, to pave the way for new...
- K+N sees flat air freight market in 2020 unless global GDP accelerates
KUEHNE + NAGEL International (K+N) chief executive Detlef Trefzger predicts air cargo markets will not pick up over the next three quarters, reported...
- Drewry: After good start, trade war's impact on trade now wholly negative
THE container trade from Asia to west coast North America is now struggling to ward off the effects of the trade war, according to London research...
- HPH Trust Q3 profit falls 2.8pc to US$29.6 million, revenues flat
HUTCHISON Port Holdings Trust's (HPH Trust) third quarter net profit fell 2
- Asia-Europe rate up 2.4pc to US$594/TEU, USWC remains flat at $1,361/FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending Friday recorded a small gain of 2
- Imports fall again at LA-LB ports
THE 18-month trade war between the US and China continues to hurt the San Pedro Bay ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach where imports were down in...
- N American railroads predict headwinds will impact volumes through year-end
THE Union Pacific railroad anticipates its rail volume in the second half of the year will fall to 'mid-single digits' after revising...
- Indian logistics sector to grow 8-10pc over medium term: ICRA forecast
ICRA Research has forecast a stable outlook for the Indian domestic logistics sector, which it said would grow between eight and ten per cent over...
- Port of Tokyo's H1 imports and exports drop to 4.6m TEU
JAPAN'S port of Tokyo handled 4
- Shanghai-Europe air freight rates are up 10pc in September on back of HK protests
AIR cargo rates from Shanghai Pudong International Airport to Europe rose by 10
- China lodges WTO complaint over US tariffs, turns to domestic shale gas
CHINA has lodged a case against the United States with the World Trade Organisation (WTO) over US import duties, said the Ministry of Commerce...
- 'K' Line back in black with US$71.5 million profit as sales decline 13.6pc
JAPAN's Kawasaki Kisen Kaisha Line 'K' Line reversed itself from last year's first quarter US$248
- Asia Pacific air cargo demand slips 7.7pc amid worsening trade tensions
AIRLINES based in Asia Pacific suffered a 7
- Korean Air Cargo adds services to Americas and cuts domestic flights
KOREAN Air Cargo has expanded the frequency of its services in the Americas, and suspend some domestic services at the start of October owing to low...