INTERNATIONAL Container Terminal Services, Inc (ICTSI) has reported that net profit in the first quarter of the year plunged 18 per cent from US$72
- ICTSI net profit falls but Rio saves TEU throughput
- OOIL sails through Covid-19 with Q1 sales up 5.5pc and volume down slightly
ORIENT Overseas International Line (OOIL), the parent company of Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL) and a subsidiary of Cosco, has announced that...
- Seafarer mental wellbeing during the COVID-19 pandemic
COVID-19 has forced many parts of the world to enforce a lockdown in a bid to flatten the curve in terms of transmissions. In these trying times, the...
- US west coast seaports remain operational albeit at lower demand levels
RUMOURS have been swirling that the US biggest ports were closing after business was dented by the US-China trade war and now rattled by the global...
- Backhaul US, Europe box shipping rates go up, headhaul rates hold constant
A CAPACITY shortage is looming over cargo shipments due to the outbreak of the coronavirus that triggered the cancellation of a stack of fronthaul...
- Maersk loses US$44m in 2019 despite flat liftings of 26.6m TEU
THE Maersk Group lost US$61 million in the fourth quarter of 2019, leading to an overall net loss of $44 million last year
- SIA quarterly profit up 15.7pc to US$226.8 million as revenue rises 3pc
SINGAPORE Airlines' SIA Group posted a 15
- Rotterdam's 2019 flat at 469.4m tonnes, boxes up 2.1pc to 14.8m TEU
THE Port of Rotterdam's 2019 cargo throughput remained flat year on year at 469
- DP World head sees 'positive signs' despite flat growth in box volume in 2019
DUBAI-BASED port operator DP World announced that it has handled a total of 71
- Coronavirus triggers spate of void sailings as demand dives
CONTAINER shipping lines and freight forwarders are keeping business operations to a minimum through at least the first week of February as...
- Blue Dart loses US$4.65 million in Q3 on back of restructuring initiative
INDIAN express firm Blue Dart has suffered a third-quarter loss of INR330
- Port of Virginia ends 2019 on high with record box throughput of 2.9m TEU
THE US port of Virginia handled a record-breaking 2
- Today most US Christmas lights come from Cambodia - not China
US imports of Christmas tree lights is a shining example of the shift in manufacturing taking place in Asia as a result of the US-China trade war,...
- DB Schenker foresees another challenging year ahead for air freight
DB Schenker's head of air freight in the Americas, Asok Kumar, predicts that next year will again be 'challenging' for the industry with...
- US-China trade war hits global container shipping as demand falls
GLOBAL container shipping demand growth slowed to one per cent during the first nine months of the year, according to Bimco's chief shipping...
- PierPass succeeds in easing truck traffic at the port of La/LB
PIERPASS, which manages the system for the West Coast Marine Terminal Operators Agreements (WCMTOA), whose members operate the 12 container terminals...
- Wartsila & Silverstream to jointly offer ship air lubrication technology
TECHNOLOGY group Wartsila and Silverstream Technologies, an air lubrication solution provider, have inked a Licence and Co-operation Agreement for...
- Drewry finds container shipping future is murky as 2020 approaches
THE US-China trade dispute appears to have sucked the life out of the trade, beyond which trade substitution cannot hope to offset, says London's...
- GPA marks best October ever as new infrastructure helps expand market share
GEORGIA Ports Authority says it's moved 428,400 TEU last month, a year-on-year increase of 14,600 TEU or 3
- TIACA foresees slowdown in air cargo market continuing until 2nd half of 2020
THE International Air Cargo Association (TIACA) is warning that the air cargo industry will not experience a peak season on any major trades this...