An explosion occurred in the engine room of a ferry carrying 335 passengers in the Baltic Sea, officials said no one was hurt.
- Explosion on DFDS ferry "Regina Seaways" in Baltic Sea
- Ferry adrift in the Baltic Sea following engine room explosion
The 'Regina Seaways' got in distress with 335 people - 294 passengers and 41 crew members - on board enroute from Kiel to Klaipdea following...
- Ferry wreaked havoc in Samarinda
On Sep 30, 2018, at 9
- Truck almost plunged into the sea
In the evening of Sep 28, 2018, a truck almost plungd into the sea while attempting to leave the 'Sailor' in Paldiski upon its arrival from...
- Collision off Cowes
Two people were injured when the 'Red Falcon' collided with a 31-ft-motorboat hat was underway from Southampton to Cowes in the Southampton...
- Ferry suffered double trouble
On Sep 26, 2018, the 'Højestene' suffered engine problems and at the same time had to fight with hard wind and battle rough seas
- Ferry allided with yachts and pole
In the morning of Sep 27, 2018, the 'Red Eagle' ploughed through moorings in Cowes Harbour, cutting several Daring class yachts adrift into...
- Man jumped over board and was rescued within minutes
A man who jumped from the 'Queen of Oak Bay' in the morning of Sep 26, 2018, was pulled from the water within five minutes and picked up by a...
- Wightlink's new flagship ferry gets royal seal of approval
Wightlink Ferries’ new environmentally friendly flagship, Victoria of Wight, was named by Her Royal Highness The Countess of Wessex in Fishbourne...
- Ferry allided with yacht
In the morning of Sep 27, 2018, the 'Red Eagle' allided with a yacht moored at Cowes
- Electrical problem in Corfu
In the morning of Sep 26, 2018, the Corfu Port Authority was informedby the captain of the 'Ionas' that an electrical problem had occurred...
- Medevac off Denia
On Sep 25, 2018, Salvamento Marítimo carried out a medical evacuation from the 'Cruise Smeralda' 21 miles NE of Denia
- Collision in Piraeus
The ferry 'Blue Horizon' was in collision with the 'Blue Galaxy' at the port of Piraeus in the night of Sep 24, 2018, during the...
- New ferry hit by technical snag
The 'Victoria of Wight' was briefly stranded in the Solent in the afternoon of Sep 24, 2018, due to an electrical fault
- Ferry suffered water jacket leak
The Port Townsend-Coupeville route was without service after the 'Kennewick' faced engine problems in the morning of Sep 23, 2018
- Ferry rescued distressed divers
Five divers have been rescued from two boats that broke down off the coast of Rathlin Island on Sep 23, 2018, and the 'Rathlin Express'...
- Canary Bridge Seaways to charter Seatruck’s CLIPPER PENNANT
Seatruck Ferries has confirmed that the company’s 2009-built, 1,830-lanemetre ro-ro CLIPPER PENNANT has been chartered to new Spanish ferry...
- Corsica Ferries to serve Sicily from Toulon and Nice
Corsica Ferries is further expanding its network in the Western Mediterranean
- Polferries’ new NOVA STAR finally enters service
Following months of delays and uncertainty, Polferries’ chartered ro-pax NOVA STAR entered service on the Gdansk-Nynäshamn route on 14 September
- At Least 42 Drowned in Lake Victoria Ferry Sinking, Officials Say Death Toll Could Top 200
DAR ES SALM, Sept 20 (Reuters) – At least 42 people drowned when a ferry sank on Thursday in Tanzania’s Lake Victoria and government officials...