THE Port of Oakland has announced that three cranes able to load the world's largest container ships will soon be coming from Shanghai's ZPMC...
- Oakland's big container terminal to receive giant cranes from ZPMC
- Port of Wilmington sets record for reefer and docks its biggest ship
NORTH Carolina's Port of Wilmington has been pushing forward with several long-term initiatives while other US ports have been struggling with...
- South Carolina to open first new US box terminal in 11 years
THE South Carolina Ports Authority (SCPA), in adopting its annual budget, announced the opening of the first new US container terminal in 11 years,...
- HK's appetite for scallops satisfied by charter services from Japan
DHL Global Forwarding (GH) has launched a thrice-weekly charter service from Chitose in Japan to Hong Kong in order to serve scallop producers in the...
- MSC charters 11 vessels at discounted rates
MEDITERRANEAN Shipping Company, MSC, was quick off the mark to take advantage of the depressed charter market, agreeing to snap up eleven 8,000-8,800...
- 'Just-in-time shipping is the smart thing to do'
Communicating berth times earlier could reduce carbon emissions, advocates say
- Cargolux and Unilode boost partnership using Bluetooth readers
UNILODE and Cargolux will install Bluetooth readers at cargo warehouses in order to increase visibility of unit load device (ULD) and create...
- Covid-19 pandemic expedites ANA Cargo's digital expansion
JAPAN's All Nippon Airways' (ANA) cargo capacity is now available on the cargo
- DHL orders three B767 conversions from Israel's IAI
ISRAEL Aerospace Industries (IAI) has clinched a contract to convert an additional three B767-300 aircraft for DHL
- DHL Express to open new US$79m cargo facility at Munich Airport
DHL Express Germany is planning to build a new cargo facility, covering more than 8,000 square metres, at Munich Airport
- Port of Savannah box volumes slip nearly 10pc in May due to Covid-19
CONTAINER throughput at the Port of Savannah's Garden City Terminal dropped 9
- LA-LB rise to the challenge to handle mega-ships, but landside pressures remain
TERMINAL operators in Los Angeles-Long Beach have this month demonstrated their ability to handle record container exchanges in a single vessel call
- Yangzijiang Shipbuilding clinches new orders worth US$102m
CHINA's Yangzijiang Shipbuilding announced it has secured new shipbuilding orders for four vessels worth about SGD141
- Cranfield Research sees a smaller, slow recovery in air transport industry
RESEARCH led by the UK's Cranfield University, in Bedfordshire, has found that the Covid 19 pandemic will lead to a smaller, more consolidated...
- Ships look to replace exhausted seafarers as ports slowly open
SHIP captain Ravi Nagar hasn't seen his wife and 3-year-old son in eight months due to Covid-19 and has been stuck on a tanker shuttling between...
- LA's APM Terminals Pier 400 sets new world box-handling record
THE Port of Los Angeles' APM Terminals Pier 400 has handled a record-setting 18,465 container moves from the 23,656 TEU MSC Isabella, the largest...
- Oil tankers carrying two months of Venezuelan output stuck at sea
Tankers carrying nearly two months’ worth of Venezuelan oil output are stuck at sea as global refiners shun the nation’s crude to avoid...
- Nallian expands business by acquiring pharma logistics consultancy
AIR cargo data platform Nallian has acquired pharma logistics consultant 4Advice as it looks to expand the range of services it can offer
- MPC Containers Ships seeks US$15m in recapitalisation plan
OSLO-LISTED German container line MPC Containers Ships is seeking approval from its bondholders and lenders for a recapitalisation plan designed to...
- Cyprus shipping takes risk-based approach to sanction guidelines!
The US Office of Foreign Assets Control (Ofac) on June 5 issued guidance on sector-based sanctions regarding doing business with Iran contained in...