After recent success in helping the crew of the MV Contamines get off their vessel and be repatriated via Panama, the ITF has helped more seafarers...
- By refusing to work, more over-contract seafarers get off via Panama
- Russia stops using US dollar for most of its exports to China
RUSSIA's President Vladimir Putin is ploughing ahead with his pledge to reduce dependence on the US currency with the nation switching to the use...
- Sydney Airport in Australia plagued with cargo congestion
THE same cargo congestion issues that have paralysed big airports in the US, China and Europe during the pandemic have materialised in Australia
- Air Canada cargo revenues stronger than passenger for the first time
CARGO revenues at Air Canada have exceeded passenger revenues for the first time in the second quarter, reports London's Air Cargo News
- SITC targets Intra-Asia growth with fleet expansion
HONG Kong-based intra-Asia carrier SITC Container Lines has expanded its fleet as it targets the lucrative intra-Asia market which it says will grow
- Korea's state-owned HMM posts its first quarterly profit in five years
SOUTH Korean shipping giant Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) posted a second quarter net profit - its first in five years - of KRW28
- CMA CGM levies Asia-Med area rate increases from September
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM has announced a series of rate increases to take effect from Asia from September 1 but not beyond September 14, the...
- A-E down 1.4pc to $907/TEU, USWC up 0.7pc to $2,794/FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending last Friday increased 1
- WFS wins 5-year Air France-KLM concession at Brussels Airport
FRENCH groundhandling giant Worldwide Flight Services (WFS) has won five-year contract with Air France KLM Martinair Cargo at Brussels Airport,...
- WTO hopeful Amina Mohamed backs new rules in US-China trade war
AMINA Mohamed, one of the front runners to be next World Trade Organisation (WTO) director general, foresees Geneva body being an 'honest...
- 24,000-TEU HMM Algeciras biggest afloat to dock at Southampton
THE docking of the 24,000-TEU HMM Algeciras signals the arrival in the UK of the biggest containership built so far, reported London's Riviera...
- Alliance makes raft of September changes, and cancellations
THE Alliance, made up of ocean carriers Hapag-Lloyd, Yang Ming, Ocean Express Network (ONE) and HMM, have announced a raft of service changes for...
- Boluda Towage Europe has ordered two Tugs from Damen Shipyards Group!
Boluda Towage Europe has ordered two 85-tonnes bollard pull ASD Tugs 2813 from Damen Shipyards Group.
- Home Depot to opens three distribution centres near Atlanta
BIG BOX retailer Home Depot to has announced that it will open three distribution centres in Georgia over the next 18 months to support the growing...
- Portugal's Sines terminal to expand from 2.3 million to 4.1 million TEU
EXPANSION of Portugal's Sines Container Terminal (Terminal XXI) to increase annual capacity from 2
- Lufthansa first half profit falls 99.1pc to US$4.1 billion as sales fall 52pc
GERMAN flag carrier Lufthansa experienced a 99
- Air cargo guys say ecommerce will deliver the goods well into 2021
THE air cargo market will likely remain a bright spot for airlines well into 2021 as growth in e-commerce displaces Covid-driven shipments of...
- A-E up 0.5pc to $910/TEU, USWC down 0.7pc to $3,297/FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending last Friday increased 0
- Kurumahmut: "Turkey's Eastern Mediterranean Territorial Waters Should Be Declared as 12 Miles''
The Web Conference titiled "Current Developments in Libya and Eastern Mediterranean" which was moderated by Assoc. Dr. İbrahim Demir, was held...
- SANMAR'S SIRAPINAR COMMENCES OPERATIONS IN BALTIC SEA
In spite of COVID-19 and rough seas Sanmar Shipyards arranged delivery of another new tug to Latvia on schedule, to join the AS PKL Flote fleet in...