DENMARK's Maersk Line, the world's biggest container carrier has broken ranks with the European Community Shippers Association (ECSA) and...
- Maersk breaks ranks and drops Nigerian peak season surcharge
- Eco-study finds proposed IMO Arctic bunker ban 'no ban at all'
A PROPOSED UN Arctic polluting fuel ban has come under attack for not being strict enough, reports EURACTIV Media Network of Brussels
- Nigerian law makers want ocean liners to explain 'illegal' charge
THE Nigerian House of Representatives Committee on Ports and Harbours is seeking European shipping lines to clarify a 400 per cent illicit peak...
- CMA CGM profit up 26.3pc to US$1.2 billion as sales fall 9pc
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM's second quarter operating profit increased 26
- A-E rate up 1.2pc to US$1,042/TEU, USWC up 3.2pc to $3,758/FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending Friday rose 1
- Steel cutting ceremony: Tug built by UZMAR for Aarhus Port!
UZMAR Shipyard of Turkiye has cut the first steel for Port of Aarhus, Denmark on September 03. Limited number of valuable guests attended the...
- New Ivory Coast box terminal to be built in Abidjan
CHINA Harbour Engineering Company (CHEC) has signed a contract for the construction of Abidjan's second container terminal, known as Cote...
- DP World 1H volume down 5.9pc, against 15pc industry drop
DUBAI's global port operator DP World suffered a 5
- U-Freight busy with project for airline repair firms, despite Covid-19
HONG Kong-based freight forwarder and logistics company, U-Freight says its project activity for airline repair companies has been holding up...
- Lufthansa Cargo welcomes its eighth Boeing 777F to its fleet
A NEW Boeing 777F landed at Frankfurt from Everett in Washington State, the eighth aircraft of this type to join Lufthansa Cargo's freighter...
- July air cargo demand stable, but capacity remains constrained by Covid
THE International Air Transport Association (IATA) has reported that global demand, measured in cargo ton kilometres (CTKs), fell by 13
- Cosco's Piraeus port tops all in Mediterranean container capacity
THE Greek Port of Piraeus leads in container handling capacity in the Mediterranean, holding fourth spot in Europe, and 26th place globally,...
- Rotterdam port joins Dutch mission to disaster-stricken port of Beirut
THE Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs travelled to Beirut together with the Port of Rotterdam Authority to determine how they might help Lebanon in...
- 23,964-TEU HMM Hamburg makes its first call in at Port of Hamburg
With the first call of the 23,964-TEU HMM Hamburg, another ship of the so-called 'Megamax-24 class' headed for the port of Hamburg last night
- 'HMM HAMBURG' Makes Its First Call in Hamburg
With the first call of the 'HMM HAMBURG', another ship of the so-called 'Megamax-24 class' headed for the port of Hamburg last night
- Slumping port box volumes recall days of 2008-2009 financial crisis
GLOBAL container throughput figures will be down in 2020 - and by a margin comparative only to the global financial crisis of 2008-2009 because of...
- Shenzhen Customs posts 13.5pc in July trade growth to US$40 billion
SHENZHEN, south China's metropolis, saw foreign trade grow 13
- Virgin Atlantic Cargo begins operations between UK and Pakistan
VIRGIN Atlantic Cargo flights between the UK and Pakistan will commence from December after creditors voted in favour of its restructuring plan,...
- Finnair to cut 1,000 jobs as Covid-19 crisis rips through its business
FINNISH flag carrier Finnair plans to eliminate 15 per cent its workforce and push through deeper cost cuts in an effort to survive one of the worst...
- King Abdullah Port links east-west 2M Alliance shipping routes
2M ALLIANCE carriers Maersk and MSC have chosen the Red Sea's Saudi King Abdullah Port as a logistics station, confirming the importance of the...