CARGO volumes handled at India's dozen state-owned major ports continue to fall, reports Chennai's Hindu Business Line
- Cargo volumes fall in India's dozen state-owned major ports
- East Coast South America boxes drop 39pc - worse since 2008
EAST coast of South America container imports fell 39 per cent in June of 2020 compared to the same period last year, according to DataLiner data
- US retail imports expected to be lowest in 4 years: Global Port Tracker
IMPORTS at major US ports during 2020 are expected to be their lowest in four years as the impact of the Covid-19 scare hits the economy, according...
- Covid hits airlines as Japan Airlines nets biggest loss since 2012
JAPAN Airlines announced its biggest quarterly loss since 2012 and decided to stop paying an interim dividend due to the Covid pandemic, reports...
- ICTSI's H1 profit off 12pc to US$113.4 million, revenue down 4pc
MANILA's International Container Terminal Services Inc (ICTSI) has posted a 12 per cent drop in first half year-on-year net profit to US$113
- Virgin Atlantic tells court it expects to run out of cash by next month
RICHARD Branson and Virgin Atlantic told a London court they will run out of money by next month unless it secures approval for a US$1
- Air Canada renews fight with PM over Covid flight, travel restrictions
AIR CANADA has renewed its fight with Prime Minister Justine Trudeau over Covid-driven travel restrictions, threatening to suspend routes and cancel...
- Houston sees big decline as Covid-19 continues to affect industry
THE Port of Houston has seen a decline in container volume due to Covid-19 according to London's Container Management
- Port of Rotterdam cargo volumes suffer 9.1pc drop in first half
THE Port of Rotterdam lifted 218
- ONE posts second quarter profit despite revenue, volume declines
JAPANESE owned but Singapore based Ocean Network Express (ONE) suffered a decline in revenue of 11
- FedEx still tops in air cargo but Qatar and Turkish are rising: IATA
FEDEX remained the world's busiest cargo airline despite volumes remaining flat year on year while Qatar moved into second place and UPS was up...
- Panama ports first half box throughput up 14pc to 3.8 million TEU
PANAMA's ports cargo volume grew by 13
- Containership scrapping increases as July hits three-year high
CONTAINERSHIP scrapping reached a three-year high in July according to Hellenic Shipping News
- Ecommerce surge experienced by UPS attributed to Covid scare
ECOMMERCE got a boost from the Covid-19 scare if the surge in online shopping posted by United Parcel Service is anything to go by, reports the...
- BA and Air France-KLM plan share sales, layoffs to survive Covid
BRITISH AIRWAYS owner IAG has plans for a EUR2
- Increasing congestion at ports due to cancelled sailings out of India
CONTAINER trades out of India are faced with increasing congestion, due to a combination of blanked sailings, equipment shortages and carriers unable...
- Le Havre, Marseilles recovering ground after strikes and Covid
France's two biggest ports - Marseilles and Le Havre are faring worse than regional rivals, risking future volumes that amount to EUR1
- Air cargo market 'exceptionally challenging' despite improvement in June
THE latest IATA statistics show that there are some signs of improvement in the decline in airfreight traffic in June, but business remains...
- H1 rail freight volumes up 15pc at Ningbo-Zhoushan port
IN the first half of this year, the Port of Ningbo-Zhoushan in China's Zhejiang province has posted 444,000 TEU sea-rail transportation volume,...
- Inbound containers at US west coast ports down 8pc in June: PMSA
PACIFIC Merchant Shipping Association (PMSA), which represents shipping lines and marine terminals, says that the big five US west coast ports saw an...