THE Port of Long Beach reported that 602,180 TEU crossed its docks in June, making for an 11
- Long Beach volumes fall 11.1pc in June as Covid-19 hammers west coast
- DHL 2Q operating profit up 16pc to US$1 billion after revenue loss
EXPRESS delivery giant Deutsche Post DHL's second quarter operating profit rose 16 per cent to EUR890 million (US$1
- Port Houston to get US$80 million grant for box shop development
PORT Houston is to receive nearly US$80 million from the US Department of Transportation for a project at one of its container terminals
- Shanghai air cargo rate fall shows signs of slowing on TAC Index
AIR cargo rates declines out of Shanghai have shown signs of stabilising over the last week, reports London's Air Cargo News
- IMF sees rebound in 2021, but with less bounce than it did before
THE International Monetary Fund (IMF), an inter-governmental international lender of last resort, recently downwardly revised its 3
- Global Port Tracker reports lowest level US retail imports in years
MAJOR US container port volume is expected to be well below last year's levels as the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic continues, according to the...
- Australian note air cargo moves toward structural recovery in June
PERSONAL protective equipment shipments volumes faded, but global air cargo volumes in June provided the first real indicators of the sector's...
- Another peak season runs aground as ocean carriers extract capacity
OCEAN carriers are bracing for muted demand during the usual peak shipping season heading into the fall, with supply chains still rattled by the...
- Ending the hurry-up-and-wait phenomenon in a quest to decarbonise
ENDING the hurry-up-and-wait phenomenon that bedevils world shipping is the quest of the Global Industry Alliance (GIA), dedicated to decarbonising...
- South Carolina to open first new US box terminal in 11 years
THE South Carolina Ports Authority (SCPA), in adopting its annual budget, announced the opening of the first new US container terminal in 11 years,...
- China to make good threat to ban all solid waste imports in 2021
CHINA, ending off years of tightening curbs, will ban all imports of solid waste from next year after spending decades as the world's largest...
- Frankfurt-Hahn Airport reports 81pc airfreight increase in May
FRANKFURT-HAHN Airport handled significantly more freight in May than in the same month of the previous year despite being heavily influenced by the...
- IATA: Air cargo picked up in May, demand still weak
THE International Air Transport Association (IATA) reported air cargo volume fell 20
- Container shipping faces continuing low demand and capacity withdrawal
ANALYST Sea-Intelligence says container shipping is expected to see current low demand levels persisting, consequently leading to high levels of...
- MSC charters 11 vessels at discounted rates
MEDITERRANEAN Shipping Company, MSC, was quick off the mark to take advantage of the depressed charter market, agreeing to snap up eleven 8,000-8,800...
- John Menzies warns of redundancies as cargo volumes plunge
UK-HEADQUARTERED handler John Menzies saw its air cargo volumes decline by 37 per cent year on year in April as a result of the coronavirus...
- Port of Savannah box volumes slip nearly 10pc in May due to Covid-19
CONTAINER throughput at the Port of Savannah's Garden City Terminal dropped 9
- Repatriation required for 80,000 Filipino seafarers stranded in ships
REPATRIATION is long overdue for about 80,000 Filipino seafarers who are stranded in ships worldwide with their work contracts expired and unable to...
- Australia cracks down on crew changes
Australia is cracking down on ships where seafarers are working beyond their original contract lengths.
- Autonomous drone inspections move step closer after successful test
AN autonomous drone inspection has successfully taken place aboard a 19