CHINA-US freight rates were up three per cent last week, even though volumes were expected to be down, reported the American Journal of...
- China-US west coast rates rise despite projections to the contrary
- Atlas Air Q2 profit down 9.2pc US$78.9 million as revenues rise 24.3pc
ATLAS Air Worldwide Holdings suffered a 9
- Global air cargo up 8pc in July, continues to show a slow recovery
GLOBAL air cargo volumes continue to show a slow recovery, with an eight per cent increase in July, reports London's Air Cargo News, citing a...
- Libya's oil exports set to dwindle as ports blockade persists
LIBYA plans to export 1
- US retail imports expected to be lowest in 4 years: Global Port Tracker
IMPORTS at major US ports during 2020 are expected to be their lowest in four years as the impact of the Covid-19 scare hits the economy, according...
- Air Canada blames US$1.16 billion loss on Canadian Covid restrictions
CANADIAN flag carrier Air Canada reported an operating loss of C$1
- Lufthansa first half profit falls 99.1pc to US$4.1 billion as sales fall 52pc
GERMAN flag carrier Lufthansa experienced a 99
- North American rail volume better, but progress is slow, says AAR
NORTH American rail volume for the week ending August 1 on 12 reporting US, Canadian and Mexican railways totalled 308,202 carloads, down 16
- ICTSI's H1 profit off 12pc to US$113.4 million, revenue down 4pc
MANILA's International Container Terminal Services Inc (ICTSI) has posted a 12 per cent drop in first half year-on-year net profit to US$113
- A-E up 0.5pc to $910/TEU, USWC down 0.7pc to $3,297/FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending last Friday increased 0
- Virgin Atlantic tells court it expects to run out of cash by next month
RICHARD Branson and Virgin Atlantic told a London court they will run out of money by next month unless it secures approval for a US$1
- Air Canada renews fight with PM over Covid flight, travel restrictions
AIR CANADA has renewed its fight with Prime Minister Justine Trudeau over Covid-driven travel restrictions, threatening to suspend routes and cancel...
- Houston sees big decline as Covid-19 continues to affect industry
THE Port of Houston has seen a decline in container volume due to Covid-19 according to London's Container Management
- XPO Logistics revenues hit by Covid, but stays upbeat and bullish
CONNECTICUT's XPO Logistics suffered a year-on-year second quarter net loss of US$57 million, drawn on revenues of $1
- South Carolina opens first new US container terminal in 11 years
THE South Carolina Ports Authority (SCPA) announced the opening of the first new container terminal in the US in 11 years according to Fort...
- Port of Rotterdam cargo volumes suffer 9.1pc drop in first half
THE Port of Rotterdam lifted 218
- DP World blames Covid for 3.9pc in first half fall in box volume
DUBAI's DP World posted a 3
- IAG Cargo passenger-freighter idea pays off as sales soar 33.1pc
IAG CARGO's strategy of setting up a scheduled cargo network of passenger-freighters while most of its aircraft are grounded has paid off,...
- Increased tonnage afloat will result in rate slide, says Alphaliner
SOME 313 containerships, or 1,555,959 TEU, remained laid-up as of July 20, representing 6
- 100 dead, 4,000 injured in Beirut port ammonium nitrate blast
MORE than 78 were killed and 4,000 injured when a cache of ammonium nitrate in a Port of Beirut exploded, showering broken glasd city-wide over...