SOUTH Korean shipping giant Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) posted a second quarter net profit - its first in five years - of KRW28
- Korea's state-owned HMM posts its first quarterly profit in five years
- Covid to stifle container port investment, to reduce expansion 40pc
GLOBAL port capacity expansion is expected to contract 40 per cent over five years in the wake of the Covid-19 crisis, according London's Drewry...
- SC Ports steady freight movements minimises full-year volume drop
SOUTH Carolina Ports Authority (SC Ports Authority) finished fiscal year 2020 with relatively steady volumes compared to fiscal year 2019 despite...
- HK Competition Commission okays box shops' Seaport Alliance plan
HONG KONG's Transport and Housing Bureau is expected to decide on August 26 whether to accept remedies proposed by container terminal operators...
- A-E down 1.4pc to $907/TEU, USWC up 0.7pc to $2,794/FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending last Friday increased 1
- Expeditors 2Q profit up 29pc to US$247.6 million, sales rise 27pc
SEATTLE's Expeditors International posted a 29 per cent year-on-year increase in second quarter operating profit to US$247
- Korean Air July cargo up 19.3pc, but Asiana drags all down to 1.6pc
KOREAN Air cargo traffic grew 19
- Cathay Pacific Group posts US$1.2 billion loss as revenues fall 48.3pc
HONG KONG's Cathay Pacific Group posted an HK$9
- WTO hopeful Amina Mohamed backs new rules in US-China trade war
AMINA Mohamed, one of the front runners to be next World Trade Organisation (WTO) director general, foresees Geneva body being an 'honest...
- Drewry's Healey sees Covid-19 downturn stretching to 5 years
OCEAN carriers face the prospect of cutting capacity by scrapping if the Covid crisis downturn persists, says London consultancy Drewry
- Port of Virginia throughput declines 16.8pc in July to 221,028 TEU
THE Port of Virginia posted a 16
- Korean shipyards retake top spot in July orders!
South Korean shipbuilders grabbed the No. 1 ranking in new shipping orders in July for the first time this year, beating their Chinese rivals,...
- Canada's Prince Rupert gets the green light to expand terminal
DUBAI's DP World has received final regulatory approvoal to expand its Fairview container terminal at the Port of Prince Rupert in British...
- China-US west coast rates rise despite projections to the contrary
CHINA-US freight rates were up three per cent last week, even though volumes were expected to be down, reported the American Journal of...
- Atlas Air Q2 profit down 9.2pc US$78.9 million as revenues rise 24.3pc
ATLAS Air Worldwide Holdings suffered a 9
- Global air cargo up 8pc in July, continues to show a slow recovery
GLOBAL air cargo volumes continue to show a slow recovery, with an eight per cent increase in July, reports London's Air Cargo News, citing a...
- Libya's oil exports set to dwindle as ports blockade persists
LIBYA plans to export 1
- US retail imports expected to be lowest in 4 years: Global Port Tracker
IMPORTS at major US ports during 2020 are expected to be their lowest in four years as the impact of the Covid-19 scare hits the economy, according...
- Air Canada blames US$1.16 billion loss on Canadian Covid restrictions
CANADIAN flag carrier Air Canada reported an operating loss of C$1
- Lufthansa first half profit falls 99.1pc to US$4.1 billion as sales fall 52pc
GERMAN flag carrier Lufthansa experienced a 99