CHINA state-owned Cosco Shipping Ports (CSP) has posted a net profit of US$163
- Cosco Shipping Ports bullish on recovery with HI net profit up 11pc to US$163m
- Q3 demand for box shipping forecasts to decline slightly by 0.1pc: analyst
ANALYST Sea-Intelligence says the demand in the third quarter for container shipping is expected to contract by 0
- Swissport gets US$354m funding commitment to cope with virus outbreak
GROUND handler Swissport has received a funding boost as it continues to battle through the difficult trading conditions resulting from the...
- Cochin and Deendayal container ports in India buck downward trend
WITH the coronavirus pandemic continuing to slacken container traffic across all major ports in India during July, Cochin and Deendayal ports bucked...
- Hamburg H1 volume plunges 12.4pc with falling China trade
GERMANY's Port of Hamburg has become the latest victim of the COVID-19 pandemic, reporting a 12
- Agility's H1 net profits plunge 61pc despite increase in airfreight revenue
KUWATI-BASED Agility saw its profits dive in the first half, although its airfreight business performed well
- OOIL H1 profit down 19.4pc to US$102m despite 3.9pc rise in revenue
ORIENT Overseas International Line (OOIL), the parent company of Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL) and a subsidiary of Cosco, has posted a profit...
- Normality in air cargo still a long way off: WorldACD
WorldACD has said that normality is still a long way off for the air cargo industry, according to its latest data, which shows that the demand side...
- HHLA takes a beating from blank sailings
GERMANY's Hamburger Hafen und Logistik AG (HHLA) has posted significant falls in volume and revenue in the first half of the year brought about...
- Zim like other carriers report profitable Q2 despite slide in volumes
ISRAELI carrier Zim has joined the fleet of major shipping lines reporting impressive second-quarter profits, despite significant volume declines, by...
- Container volumes drop 11pc in Mexican ports in first half of 2020
MEXICAN ports moved 3
- Asian carriers reap Q2 profits by controlling costs
LINER operators Evergreen Marine Corporation, Wan Hai Lines and Regional Container Lines (RCL) all reported profits for the second quarter of the...
- US-China chicken trade has been a many problemed thing - and still is
THE chicken trade between the US and China has been put on hold because of the trade war, but there is cause for optimism that the appetite for...
- HK box volume up 3.3pc in July, the highest monthly total this year
THE Port of Hong Kong saw container throughput increase by 3
- Cathay flew 98.7pc fewer passengers and 39.8pc less cargo in July
HONG Kong's Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon carried a total of 42,984 passengers in July, a year-on-year decrease of 98
- Strong container sector helps minimise Yang Ming's losses
TAIWAN's Yang Ming Marine Transport Corporation (Yang Ming) saw profits from its container sector hit by the negative impact of the coronavirus...
- Korea's state-owned HMM posts its first quarterly profit in five years
SOUTH Korean shipping giant Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) posted a second quarter net profit - its first in five years - of KRW28
- Covid to stifle container port investment, to reduce expansion 40pc
GLOBAL port capacity expansion is expected to contract 40 per cent over five years in the wake of the Covid-19 crisis, according London's Drewry...
- SC Ports steady freight movements minimises full-year volume drop
SOUTH Carolina Ports Authority (SC Ports Authority) finished fiscal year 2020 with relatively steady volumes compared to fiscal year 2019 despite...
- HK Competition Commission okays box shops' Seaport Alliance plan
HONG KONG's Transport and Housing Bureau is expected to decide on August 26 whether to accept remedies proposed by container terminal operators...