LONDON's Port Technology International (PTI) have surveyed the ports of Southeast Asia and have come up with the top five
- Port Technology International selects the 5 top ports in Southeast Asia
- China Coast Guard ship joins exercises with Philippines Coast Guard
A CHINA Coast Guard CCG Type 718B patrol ship was welcomed in Philippines with a ceremony, marking the start of the first ever official visit by a...
- Chinese export growth slows to three-year low to 0.5pc in 2019
CHINA's exports grew 0
- New Orleans boasts another record, up 10pc to 648,538 TEU in 2019
THE Port of New Orleans moved more containers in 2019 than at any time in its history, totalling 648,538 TEU, up 10 per cent year on year, reported...
- SC Ports lifts 2.44m TEU in 2019 as it gets readly for big ship trades
SOUTH Carolina Ports Authority handled 2
- Tighter capacity drives up container spot rates on major trade lanes
ASIA to Europe and the US spot rates surged in the final weeks of last year, on the back of tightening supply and low sulphur surcharges to comply...
- Hapag-Lloyd sets up quality service centre in Mauritius, Africa
GERMANY's Hapag-Lloyd has opened a new Quality Service Centre (QSC) in Mauritius, Africa that will serve demand on the fast-growing continent
- Savannah's Nov box volume rises 5.4pc with greater intermodal efficiency
THE US Port of Savannah handled 363,000 TEU in November, representing a 5
- Chittagong box volume up 7pc to 3.1m TEU, Dhaka ICD throughput also rises
BANGLADESH's leading gateway, Chittagong port posted seven per cent growth in container volumes last year
- Wilmington is honoured as most productive small N America port
NORTH Carolina Ports' port of Wilmington has been named the most productive small port and Wilmington's Container Terminal the most...
- Korea's HMM looks to expand box shipping fleet to one million TEU
HYUNDAI Merchant Marine's (HMM) head Jae Hoon Bae has outlined how the carrier aims to double its capacity to one million TEU, in a New...
- Singapore Changi Airport posts 6.1pc decline in November air freight
SINGAPORE Changi Airport's air freight throughput declined 6
- White elephants of yesteryear thrive as international cargo airports
MONTREAL's Mirabel airport is gearing up for some infrastructure improvements, reports London's Air Cargo News
- China's US soybean imports soar after 'phase one' trade deal kicks in
CHINA's soybean imports spiked in November as US imports reached roughly 8
- US$138 million in Charleston dredging wins federal approval
US President Donald Trump has paved the way for the completion of the US$138 million project to deepen Charleston's harbour to 52 feet in 2021,...
- Atlas 767 crash: Go-around mode activated after mysterious 'click'
THE National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) probing the fatal February 23 Atlas Air Boeing 767-300 freighter crash near Houston are stumped over...
- Forwarders show digital savvy, but face carrier, young cyber rivals
LEADING forwarders have made major advances in their online sales capabilities, but face sharp competition from digital forwarders and container...
- China trade deal to 'nearly double' US exports: US trade rep Lighthizer
THE 'phase one' US-China trade deal will nearly double US exports to China over the next two years and is 'totally done' despite the...
- New Normal: Looking at growth of China-EU rail freight links today
CHINA-EU rail freight that boggled the mind 10 years ago is settling into a new normal between cheap and slow ocean freight and fast and costly air...
- S Carolina ports is recognised for productivity of Wando Welch Terminal
SOUTH Carolina Ports Authority has received international recognition for the port of Charleston's performance, after the Journal of Commerce...