PROTESTERS have been blocking sections of Canada's rail network, impacting port operations on both coasts, in opposition to a Indians objections...
- Proposed pipeline triggers protests against rail links to Canadian ports
- Mumbai airport opens mega cold storage unit for farm and pharma products
MUMBAI airport has announced the launch of an exclusive terminal for processing and storage of agricultural and pharmaceutical products, reports the...
- FreightWaves expects virus to drive 10pc US-China box import drop
CONTAINER imports into the 10 biggest American ports fell 4
- Preventing stevedore deaths on board ships needs greater cooperation
PREVENTING stevedore injuries and deaths is gaining urgency now that at least 16 dock workers and 12 seafarers perished in confined-space related...
- Qatari ports lift 115,837 TEU in January as expansion works continue
QATARI ports of Hamad, Doha and Ruwais Port saw a significant rise in cargo volumes in January, handling 50 per cent more vehicles compared to the...
- France's Le Havre port hit by protests, prompting officials to offer discounts
HAROPA, the union of the French ports of Paris, Rouen and Le Havre, is to offer commercial rebates and tariff discounts to container shipping lines...
- Georgia to expand Savannah box terminal by 1m TEU through land acquisition
THE Georgia Ports Authority has acquired 145 acres of land to expand the port of Savannah by one million TEU in annual capacity
- On-dock rail soon to come to Melbourne with state government's okay
THE Port of Melbourne has received state government support for its new A$125 million (US$84 million) Port Rail Transformation Project (PRTP) to...
- Toyota Develops Fuel Cell System for Maritime Applications
Project successfully demonstrates adaptability of the Toyota fuel cell technology
- Panama ports handle 7.3m TEU in 2019 - special dock to be tendered
CARGO volumes handled by ports in Panama totalled 7,346,859 TEU in 2019, representing an increase of 4
- New air cargo warehouse to be built near San Bernardino airport
A 406,000-square-foot regional fulfilment and distribution centre is to be developed on a 20-acre lot near San Bernardino International Airport in...
- Major alliances up Southeast Asia to US west coast shipping capacity
LEADING container shipping lines will this year offer more capacity between Southeast Asia and the US west coast, signalling that the US sourcing...
- Tanger Med lifted 4.8 million TEU in 2019, attracting major investors
THE Tanger Med port 2 complex at one of Morocco's largest ports handled 4
- Drewry calls on liners to exercise restraint when ordering new ships
DREWRY Maritime Research predicts that 1
- 2019 cargo volumes at Port of Los Angeles fall short of record levels
THE Port of Los Angeles fell short of record year in 2019 at 9,337,632 TEU, making it the second-best year in the harbour's 113-year history
- SC Ports lifts 2.44m TEU in 2019 as it gets readly for big ship trades
SOUTH Carolina Ports Authority handled 2
- Puerto Aguadulce starts operations with biggest box ship call in Colombia
THE 13,892-TEU APL Esplanade has called at Puerto Aguadulce, making it the nation's biggest box ship to call in Colombia to date, before she...
- DHL Supply Chain to manage Nestle's warehousing needs in Myanmar
WORLD'S largest food company Nestle has appointed global market leader for contract logistics solutions, DHL Supply Chain (DHL), to manage...
- California looks to expand rules requiring ships to use shore power
THE California Air Resources Board (CARB) has come up with proposals to expand the type and number of ships that must use shore power or an alternate...
- Dunkirk becomes the first French port to offer 'cold ironing' for box ships
THE channel port of Dunkirk has become the first in France to offer shore power to shipping lines