THE International Air Transport Association (IATA) has reported that global demand, measured in cargo ton kilometres (CTKs), fell by 13
- July air cargo demand stable, but capacity remains constrained by Covid
- Major carriers rush to charter bigger ships to capitalise on rate surge
MAJOR carriers are rushing to charter larger containerships to take advantage of skyrocketing freight rates caused by a spike in demand across major...
- Huawei and ZTE slow down China 5G rollout as US curbs start to bite
SHENZHEN's Huawei Technologies and ZTE, China's two largest telecoms equipment providers, have slowed down their 5G base station installation...
- India posts worst GDP fall of major economies as Covid spikes
INDIA's economy fell 23
- Rotterdam port joins Dutch mission to disaster-stricken port of Beirut
THE Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs travelled to Beirut together with the Port of Rotterdam Authority to determine how they might help Lebanon in...
- Trump calls off talks with China, 'don't want to talk to them now'
US President Donald Trump said he called off trade talks with China, raising questions about the future of a deal that is now the most stable point...
- China Merchants profit down 76.3pc to US$200 million, sales off 8.7pc
HONG KONG's China Merchants Port first half profit declined 76
- Association of Asia Pacific Airlines reports July cargo demand stablises
THE Association of Asia Pacific Airlines (PA) reported a stable air cargo demand in July, reports London's Air Cargo News
- Kerry Logistics 1H profit up 26pc to US$109 million, sales rise 10pc
HONG KONG's Kerry Logistics posted a 26 per cent first half year-on-year net profit increase to HK$845 million (US$109 million), drawn on...
- Slumping port box volumes recall days of 2008-2009 financial crisis
GLOBAL container throughput figures will be down in 2020 - and by a margin comparative only to the global financial crisis of 2008-2009 because of...
- Loss of US bilateral shipping tax accord no big deal say HK port interests
HONG KONG remains an attractive place for the shipping industry to prosper, according to the city's Transport and Housing Bureau, despite the US...
- Virgin Atlantic Cargo begins operations between UK and Pakistan
VIRGIN Atlantic Cargo flights between the UK and Pakistan will commence from December after creditors voted in favour of its restructuring plan,...
- China-US phone in 'constructive' trade talks and promise progress
CHINESE and American negotiators held phone talks to review progress on phase one trade deal implementation, after US Donald Trump postponed...
- North American weekly rail traffic down 12pc, intermodal off 11pc
NORTH American rail volume for the week ending August 22 on 12 reporting US, Canadian and Mexican railways totalled 320,649 carloads, down 12
- Oakland's hybrid electric cranes slash emissions by 95pc
THE Port of Oakland's largest marine terminal has cut diesel emissions from all 13 of its yard cranes by 95 per cent after retrofitting them with...
- Savannah harbour is now number one port for American exports
THE Port of Savannah exported more loaded containers than any other port in the country from January through May, achieving a 12
- Virgin Atlantic Cargo expands in Italy as creditors support airline rescue plan
VIRGIN Atlantic Cargo has added Milan as a destination in its network, offering twice-weekly service between London Heathrow and Milan Malpensa...
- New box terminal proposed for Louisiana's Plaquemines Port
PLAQUEMINES Port Harbour has announced an initial agreement for a new container terminal in Plaquemines Parish in Louisiana, United States
- Box ships surpass tankers with fitted scrubbers: BIMCO
CONTAINERSHIPS with a total cargo carrying capacity of 5
- DSME and KSOE merger gets the nod from Singapore's competition authority
The Competition and Consumer Commission of Singapore (CCCS) has cleared the proposed merger between two South Korean shipyards, Korea Shipbuilding &...