DESPITE disruptions caused by the Covid-19 crisis, more than 80 per cent of the normal volumes continued to be shipped, according to Sea-Intelligence...
- Covid-19 reveals how working from home will cut more shore jobs
- Box volume at Virginia port plunges 23pc in May due to pandemic
THE Port of Virginia's cargo volume in May plummeted 22
- Ghana: First quarter cargo traffic rose by 12.6pc to 166,685 TEU
FIRST quarter laden container volume at Ghana's two seaports, Tema and Takoradi,increased 12
- Cai Mep ready to gain from supply chain exit from China
VIETNAM's Cai Mep-Thi Vai container port, which now routinely handles 14,000 - 16,000-TEUers, recently saw the maiden call of 2M's TP17...
- Frankfurt-Hahn Airport reports 81pc airfreight increase in May
FRANKFURT-HAHN Airport handled significantly more freight in May than in the same month of the previous year despite being heavily influenced by the...
- Melbourne welcomes largest capacity box ship to call at the port
THE Port of Melbourne (PoM) played host to the 10,662 TEU CMA CGM Ural, the largest container ship by maximum capacity to call at the port
- Governments must protect trapped seafarers' human rights
As the Covid-19 pandemic and the travel restrictions put in place to attempt containment drag on, around 200,000 merchant seafarers are trapped...
- Montreal port continues steady growth with TEU record
THE Port of Montreal's revenues in 2019 increased by 5 per cent as it saw growth across its segments, including a record TEU throughput and...
- US posts rule allowing US companies to work with Huawei on 5G
THE US Department of Commerce has posted a new rule that allows US companies to work with China's Huawei to develop standards for 5G and other...
- Fitch Assigns Turk P&I 'BB-' IFS Rating; Outlook Stable
Fitch Ratings - Paris - 23 Jun 2020: Fitch Ratings has assigned Turk P ve I Sigorta A.S. (Turk P&I) a 'BB-' Insurer Financial Strength (IFS) Rating.
- HK Trade Development Council expects 10pc export fall
THE Hong Kong Trade Development Council predicts Hong Kong's export performance for 2020 will decline by 10 per cent due to the economic damage...
- Maersk expects improved second quarter as market demand grows
DANISH shipping giant Maersk, the world largest container carrier, said its second quarter results will be better than its first
- Cargo volumes up 15.9pc at Panama ports January - May
CARGO volumes in Panamanian ports grew 15
- Kenya insists on dry port use over Ugandan objections
THE Kenya Ports Authority (KPA) plans to construct an administration block and create more facilities at the Naivasha dry port as usage of the...
- Shanghai tops all, Singapore No 2, HK now No 7 box port
THE Port of Shanghai maintained its top ranking at the busiest container port in the world, reporting a 4
- Lessons learnt at Amsterdam Schiphol Air Cargo Netherlands webinar
DURING the Covid-19 pandemic, some fortunes have plummeted while others have thrived in Amsterdam Schiphol's air cargo community, reports...
- CMA CGM Q1 profit up 13.5pc to US$48m, but sales off 3.3pc to $5.52b
FRENCH container shipping giant CMA CGM increased year-on-year first quarter net profit 13
- Port of Salalah sees first quarter liftings up 28pc to 1.17 million TEU
CONTAINER throughput at Oman's Port of Salalah surged 28 per cent to 1
- TAPA warns of crime surge as lockdowns are eased
THE Transported Asset Protection Association (TAPA) has warned of an expected spike in cargo thefts as coronavirus lockdowns are eased across Europe,...
- Piraeus aims to be top container port in the Mediterranean
GREECE's port of Piraeus has now become the Mediterranean's top container-handling port, according to officials from the Piraeus Port...