PSA International's Chennai International Terminals Pvt Ltd (CITPL) has set a new vessel productivity record of 171 moves per hour for south and...
- PSA's CTPL at Chennai port raises bar for terminal productivity in south, east India
- US DOT head probed for alleged abuse of power to benefit relatives
US Department of Transportation (DOT) Secretary Elaine Chao is to be investigated by the US House of Representatives' Committee on Oversight and...
- China factory output falls for 4th month as US-China trade row simmers
THE Purchasing Managers' Index (PMI) dropped to 49
- POLB to study impact of port's automation on city as fears of job cuts mount
THE Long Beach City Council has ordered the city's harbour department to carry out a study on the economic impact of port automation on the city
- Korean Air Cargo adds services to Americas and cuts domestic flights
KOREAN Air Cargo has expanded the frequency of its services in the Americas, and suspend some domestic services at the start of October owing to low...
- Malaysia restarts China's Belt and Road rail project with after cost reduction
MALAYSIA has restarted its East Coast Rail Link Belt and Road project with China after reducing projected costs by a third to lighten the...
- US rail freight volumes continue to fall, down 3.4pc in H1
US rail freight traffic is continuing to decrease with volumes for the week ending July 20 contracting 4
- IMF cuts global growth forecast amid trade tensions and no-deal Brexit
THE International Monetary Fund (IMF) has cut its growth forecasts for the global economy for this year and next
- New services afoot in European rail freight with focus on China expansion
CHINA Railway Container Transport Co and the Czech Republic's CD Cargo have signed a memorandum on strategic co-operation that paves the way for...
- China's quarterly GDP growth slows to 6.2pc as trade war bites
CHINA's economic growth sank to its lowest level in 27 years, pulled down by its ongoing trade war with the United States and weaker domestic...
- Shipping sector shows mixed performance in first half: Clarksons
OVERALL the ClarkSea Index rose eight per cent year on year in the first half, and Clarksons Research's mid-year report for the shipping sector...
- Emirates Shipping cuts its scarifying US$52/TEU war risk charge to $40
DUBAI's Emirates Shipping Line has toned down its scarifying war risk surcharge, reports Singapore maritime news portal Splash
- Volga-Dnepr reverses itself on refusing to work with air charter brokers
RUSSIA's Volga-Dnepr Airlines (VDA) has reversed itself on not working with charter brokers to attract more business, reports London's...
- Asia-Europe rate off 1.9pc to US$688/TEU, USWC dips 4.1pc to $1,649/FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending Friday declined by a further 1
- Asia-Europe rate off 2.1pc to US$701/TEU, USWC soars 24.5pc to $1,720/FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending Friday fell 2
- CN celebrates centennial with 6pc profit increase to US$587.7 million
THE Canadian National Railway in the first quarter of its 100th anniversary posted a 6
- Manufacturing meltdown in Europe will affect rest of economy
INDUSTRY in Europe is in trouble and there's a risk it will infect other parts of the economy, deepening the slowdown that's already left the...
- APL cuts fleet carbon emissions by 47pc in nearly a decade
SINGAPORE's APL, part of French shipping giant CMA CGM Group, announced that it has reduced its fleet carbon dioxide emissions per container...
- British Airways pilots seek strike vote - 'profit hikes not reflected in pay'
BRITISH Airways pilots have called for a strike vote after unions rejected the latest pay package from management, reports Bloomberg
- New 'K' Line CEO cuts executive pay 10pc to spur drive to profitability
JAPAN's 'K' Line has announced that it has reduced its executive compensation by 10 per cent for six months to 'clarify our...