SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending last Friday edged up slightly by 1
- Asia-Europe rates up 1pc to US$937 per TEU, USWC increase $34 at record $3,440/FEU
- July's US import rally not a signal of a rapid recovery in box traffic
THE sharp upswing in demand on transpacific headhaul routes while the US is still in the grip of the pandemic has confounded analysts who had...
- Arrival of new mega-containership risks tilting the balance on box trades
THE containership orderbook is at an historic low but top carriers have a backlog of 86 ships of over 10,000 TEU scheduled for delivery over the next...
- Maersk triples Q2 profit despite volume decline
DANISH shipping giant AP Moller-Maersk reported a net profit of US$443 million for the second quarter, which compares with a profit $154 million for...
- Sydney Airport in Australia plagued with cargo congestion
THE same cargo congestion issues that have paralysed big airports in the US, China and Europe during the pandemic have materialised in Australia
- Container shortfall to normalise in next 2 months: Adani Ports CEO
THE slowdown in container markets is likely to end soon and volumes are expected to rise in the coming months, according to the CEO of Adani Ports...
- AirBridgeCargo flew record number of RKN boxes from Amsterdam to Shanghai
AIRBRIDGE Airlines moved a record 41 RKN temperature controlled containers for Danish forwarding giant DSV on a scheduled flight from the Amsterdam...
- US-China chicken trade has been a many problemed thing - and still is
THE chicken trade between the US and China has been put on hold because of the trade war, but there is cause for optimism that the appetite for...
- SC Ports steady freight movements minimises full-year volume drop
SOUTH Carolina Ports Authority (SC Ports Authority) finished fiscal year 2020 with relatively steady volumes compared to fiscal year 2019 despite...
- Beirut box trade is back, terminals not badly damaged as feared
CONTAINER lines have resumed calls to Beirut after last week's explosion, with the terminal having sustained only minor damage, say leading...
- A-E down 1.4pc to $907/TEU, USWC up 0.7pc to $2,794/FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending last Friday increased 1
- CP launches first international container trains from Saint John, NB
THE Canadian Pacific Railway has launched its international intermodal service through the Port of Saint John, New Brunwick
- 24,000-TEU HMM Algeciras biggest afloat to dock at Southampton
THE docking of the 24,000-TEU HMM Algeciras signals the arrival in the UK of the biggest containership built so far, reported London's Riviera...
- Drewry's Healey sees Covid-19 downturn stretching to 5 years
OCEAN carriers face the prospect of cutting capacity by scrapping if the Covid crisis downturn persists, says London consultancy Drewry
- Port of Virginia throughput declines 16.8pc in July to 221,028 TEU
THE Port of Virginia posted a 16
- Cargo volumes fall in India's dozen state-owned major ports
CARGO volumes handled at India's dozen state-owned major ports continue to fall, reports Chennai's Hindu Business Line
- North American rail volume better, but progress is slow, says AAR
NORTH American rail volume for the week ending August 1 on 12 reporting US, Canadian and Mexican railways totalled 308,202 carloads, down 16
- Carriers divert to Port of Tripoli 43 miles away after Beirut blast
LEADING container lines are diverting ships to Lebanon's smaller terminal of Tripoli after the devastating explosion at Beirut's port that...
- A-E up 0.5pc to $910/TEU, USWC down 0.7pc to $3,297/FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending last Friday increased 0
- South Carolina opens first new US container terminal in 11 years
THE South Carolina Ports Authority (SCPA) announced the opening of the first new container terminal in the US in 11 years according to Fort...