COSCO is expected to gain US$1 billion from selling most of its stake in China International Marine Containers (CIMC), reports Newark's Journal...
- Cosco gains US$1 billion from share sale of box maker CIMC
- 23,964-TEU HMM Hamburg makes its first call in at Port of Hamburg
With the first call of the 23,964-TEU HMM Hamburg, another ship of the so-called 'Megamax-24 class' headed for the port of Hamburg last night
- 'HMM HAMBURG' Makes Its First Call in Hamburg
With the first call of the 'HMM HAMBURG', another ship of the so-called 'Megamax-24 class' headed for the port of Hamburg last night
- North American weekly rail traffic down 12pc, intermodal off 11pc
NORTH American rail volume for the week ending August 22 on 12 reporting US, Canadian and Mexican railways totalled 320,649 carloads, down 12
- Savannah harbour is now number one port for American exports
THE Port of Savannah exported more loaded containers than any other port in the country from January through May, achieving a 12
- A-E rate up 10pc to US$1,029/TEU, USWC up 5.8pc to $3,639/FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending Friday rose 10 per cent to US$1,029 per TEU
- Euroseas receives US$7.6m for three of its eldest vessels sold for scrap
NASDAQ-LISTED Greek box ship owner Euroseas has sold three of its eldest vessels for scrap for a total of around US$7
- New box terminal proposed for Louisiana's Plaquemines Port
PLAQUEMINES Port Harbour has announced an initial agreement for a new container terminal in Plaquemines Parish in Louisiana, United States
- Box ships surpass tankers with fitted scrubbers: BIMCO
CONTAINERSHIPS with a total cargo carrying capacity of 5
- DSME and KSOE merger gets the nod from Singapore's competition authority
The Competition and Consumer Commission of Singapore (CCCS) has cleared the proposed merger between two South Korean shipyards, Korea Shipbuilding &...
- Swire Shipping takes delivery of second 2,400 TEU containership
SWIRE Shipping, the liner division of Singapore-headquartered China Navigation Company (CNCo), has taken delivery of its second 2,400 TEU newbuild...
- Idle box ship volume falls below 1m TEU for first time this year
THE latest survey by Aplphaliner shows that some 90 containerships, equating to over 600,000 TEU of capacity, have found employment in the past month...
- CMA CGM boosts its time-sensitive cargo platform with 2 new solutions
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM has introduced two new solutions, which offer priority equipment, boarding, discharge and expedited delivery to inland...
- Panama Canal extends temporary relief measures to the end of the year
THE Panama Canal has extended its temporary relief measures, implemented on May 4 until the end of September, to December 31, 2020, in a move to...
- Shippers switch from air to rail to move goods from China to Euorpe
UK-HEADQUARTERED freight forwarder Davies Turner has seen an increase in the number of customers using rail as an alternative to air on China-Europe...
- Lufthansa Cargo opens new pharma facilities in US and Germany
LUFTHANSA Cargo has expanded its pharma operations with the opening of a new hub in Munich and another in Chicago
- Bollore gets West African mangoes to market in best reefer style
FRENCH forwarding giant BolloreTransport & Logistics has processed 10,575 tonnes, or 940 TEU of mangoes through the air and ocean, reports Ecofin...
- Hamburg H1 volume plunges 12.4pc with falling China trade
GERMANY's Port of Hamburg has become the latest victim of the COVID-19 pandemic, reporting a 12
- Port of Montreal reopens after strike truce
THE Port of Montreal is back in business after longshore workers and employers agreed to a seven-month truce that will end an 11-day strike that had...
- US West Coast rates to breach US$4,000 in September
WITH China to US freight rates continuing their rapid bull run, some commentators are predicting that the China to US West Coast prices will surpass...