NEPTUNE Pacific Line (Neptune), which provides container shipping services in the Pacific between Australia, New Zealand and Fiji, has acquired...
- Neptune Pacific Line buys Singapore's PIL subsidiary Pacific Direct Line
- DP World's 2019 profits tumble 8.3pc to US$1.2b after acquisitions
DUBAI's global port operator DP World suffered an 8
- Ships skip JNPT due to virus outbreak and scrubber retrofits
JAWAHARLAL Nehru Port Trust (JNPT) has reported that some mainline containerships as well as feeders are skipping calls at the facility on account of...
- TIACA teams up with CLIVE Data Services to offer latest air cargo info
THE International Air Cargo Association (TIACA) says it will deliver the very latest market and route analyses to its members after signing an...
- Cathay 'cautiously optimistic' about cargo, but expects 'substantial loss' in H1 2020
HONG Kong's flag carrier Cathay Pacific says that its cargo business, despite facing headwinds, has managed to maintain its cargo capacity intact
- CMA CGM liftings up in 2019, but ends up with a net deficit of US$229m
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM Group has posted a net loss of US$229 million for 2019, compared with a profit of $34 million in 2018
- ICTSI net profit plunges 52pc despite rises in revenue and box volume
MANILA's International Container Terminal Services Inc (ICTSI) has posted a net profit of US$100
- William Flynn is named new Amtrak president and COO
WILLIAM Flynn is to become Amtrak's new president and chief operating officer from mid-April
- PSA International net earnings edge up 3.4pc while revenues slip 0.2 pc in 2019
SINGAPORE's PSA International expanded its 2019 net profit by 3
- UK firms in China predict double-digit revenue drop this year
BRITISH businesses in China expect to see their revenue drop significantly this year because of the coronavirus outbreak, with nearly half predicting...
- Sri Lanka signs agreement to build new harbour at Colombo's North Port
THE Sri Lanka Ports Authority (SLPA) will conduct a feasibility study into the development of the Colombo North Port, as it looks to substantially...
- Euroseas widens 2016 loss to US$1.7m, but sales rise 16.3pc to $40m
ATHENS-BASED short-sea operator Euroseas widened an annual net loss to US$1
- Hutchison Port Holdings Trust appoints Fong Chi Wai Alex as director
SINGAPORE-LISTED Hutchison Port Holdings Trust (HPH Trust) has announced the appointment of Fong Chi Wai Alex, 63, as independent non-executive...
- US-China trade deal bodes well for poultry exporters via Georgia ports
THE governor of the US state of Georgia Brian Kemp told the Georgia Foreign Trade Conference that the new trade deal with China has already resulted...
- ICS voices concern over piracy in Gulf of Guinea
THE number of ship's crewmembers being kidnapped in the Gulf of Guinea rose by 50 per cent in 2019 and this year has been blighted with a further...
- Dubai unveils loyalty scheme to lure transshipment cargo from Europe
DUBAI has launched a loyalty scheme for shippers and forwarders, called World Logistics Passport (WLP) an initiative from Dubai's Customs World,...
- DP World head sees 'positive signs' despite flat growth in box volume in 2019
DUBAI-BASED port operator DP World announced that it has handled a total of 71
- Yilport's 2020-2050 business plan targets organic growth
TURKISH port operator Yilport is aiming to focus on organic growth and to start operations in two container terminals this year, according to its new...
- Port of Savannah sets new record with 5.6pc rise to 4.6 million TEU
THE Port of Savannah posted a 5
- Decarbonisation of shipping industry comes with US$1 trillion price tag
A WHOOPING US$1 trillion is required to cut the shipping industry's greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions in half