TAIWANESE vessel operator T S Lines announced that net profits for the first half of 2020 surged 50 per cent year on year to TWD1
- T S Lines H1 profits soar 50pc on rising rates, increased volumes and falling costs
- Cainiao links up with BEST to boost China-Malaysia e-commerce services
ALIBABA's logistics arm Cainiao is to partner BEST Inc, a leading integrated smart supply chain solutions and logistics services provider from...
- Euroseas sells 30-year old box ship for scrap, inks deals for 2 charter extensions
GREEK containership owner Euroseas has sold its 1990-built 1,169 TEU feedermax boxship Ninos for scrap for a price of around US$2
- CMA CGM's first of nine LNG-powered 23,000 TEU box ships enters service
THE world's largest LNG-powered ship, the 23,000 TEU CMA CGM Jacques Saade, has entered into service plying the carrier's French Asia Line...
- DP World collaborates with Israeli firm in bid for Haifa Port
DUBAI's DP World is partnering with an Israeli group to bid for one of Israel's two main ports and to examine opening a direct shipping line...
- E-commerce growth leads to rise in shipping and investments: CMA CGM chief
THE head of French shipping giant CMA CGM says the future of the world's fourth-largest container line will increasingly be built on e-commerce
- Mumbai's Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust on the mend from Covid crisis
EASING health restrictions has eased the decline in cargo volume at Mumbai's Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT) from 35 per cent in the initial...
- Hong Kong's Seaspan takes delivery of two 9-year-old 13,000-TEUers
HONG Kong's Seaspan Corporation, a unit of Hong Kong's New York listed Atlas Corp, has announced it has taken delivery of two 13,000-TEU...
- LNG is the only way to decarbonisation, say LNG promoters
LNG (liquid natural gas) is touted as the only viable way to the decarbonisation of world shipping, says SEA-LNG chairman Peter Keller, announcing...
- CHAMP Cargosystems names CEO from Swiss parent SITA
LUXEMBOURG's air cargo software firm CHAMP Cargosystems has named Chris McDermott as its new chief executive from October 1, reports London's...
- Pacific International Lines founder Chang Yun Chun at 102
Chang Yun Chung, the 102-year-old founder of Pacific International Lines (PIL), passed away peacefully at home in Singapore on Friday morning
- Nigerian law makers want ocean liners to explain 'illegal' charge
THE Nigerian House of Representatives Committee on Ports and Harbours is seeking European shipping lines to clarify a 400 per cent illicit peak...
- CMA CGM profit up 26.3pc to US$1.2 billion as sales fall 9pc
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM's second quarter operating profit increased 26
- Steel cutting ceremony: Tug built by UZMAR for Aarhus Port!
UZMAR Shipyard of Turkiye has cut the first steel for Port of Aarhus, Denmark on September 03. Limited number of valuable guests attended the...
- DP World 1H volume down 5.9pc, against 15pc industry drop
DUBAI's global port operator DP World suffered a 5
- Trump calls off talks with China, 'don't want to talk to them now'
US President Donald Trump said he called off trade talks with China, raising questions about the future of a deal that is now the most stable point...
- GTA dnata groundhandler nabs 5-year contract in Vancouver
GTA dnata has been awarded a five-year ground handling licence and will establish operations at Vancouver International Airport (YVR)
- Hong Kong feeder line SITC orders six Yangzijiang 1,800-TEUers
HONG KONG based SITC International Holding and Yangzijiang Shipbuilding Group have signed the newbuilding contracts for six 1800-TEU ships, the...
- Savannah harbour is now number one port for American exports
THE Port of Savannah exported more loaded containers than any other port in the country from January through May, achieving a 12
- Euroseas receives US$7.6m for three of its eldest vessels sold for scrap
NASDAQ-LISTED Greek box ship owner Euroseas has sold three of its eldest vessels for scrap for a total of around US$7