SEATTLE's Expeditors International posted a 29 per cent year-on-year increase in second quarter operating profit to US$247
- Expeditors 2Q profit up 29pc to US$247.6 million, sales rise 27pc
- Cathay Pacific Group posts US$1.2 billion loss as revenues fall 48.3pc
HONG KONG's Cathay Pacific Group posted an HK$9
- 24,000-TEU HMM Algeciras biggest afloat to dock at Southampton
THE docking of the 24,000-TEU HMM Algeciras signals the arrival in the UK of the biggest containership built so far, reported London's Riviera...
- Drewry's Healey sees Covid-19 downturn stretching to 5 years
OCEAN carriers face the prospect of cutting capacity by scrapping if the Covid crisis downturn persists, says London consultancy Drewry
- Port of Virginia throughput declines 16.8pc in July to 221,028 TEU
THE Port of Virginia posted a 16
- Canada's Prince Rupert gets the green light to expand terminal
DUBAI's DP World has received final regulatory approvoal to expand its Fairview container terminal at the Port of Prince Rupert in British...
- China-US west coast rates rise despite projections to the contrary
CHINA-US freight rates were up three per cent last week, even though volumes were expected to be down, reported the American Journal of...
- Atlas Air Q2 profit down 9.2pc US$78.9 million as revenues rise 24.3pc
ATLAS Air Worldwide Holdings suffered a 9
- Global air cargo up 8pc in July, continues to show a slow recovery
GLOBAL air cargo volumes continue to show a slow recovery, with an eight per cent increase in July, reports London's Air Cargo News, citing a...
- Portugal's Sines terminal to expand from 2.3 million to 4.1 million TEU
EXPANSION of Portugal's Sines Container Terminal (Terminal XXI) to increase annual capacity from 2
- HMM sells stake in Algeciras container terminal to CMA CGM
KOREA's Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) it has signed a deal to sell a 50 per cent minus one share stake in an Algeciras container terminal to...
- Air Canada blames US$1.16 billion loss on Canadian Covid restrictions
CANADIAN flag carrier Air Canada reported an operating loss of C$1
- Lufthansa first half profit falls 99.1pc to US$4.1 billion as sales fall 52pc
GERMAN flag carrier Lufthansa experienced a 99
- DP World's Prince Rupert terminal expansion gets go-ahead
CANADA's Fairview Container Terminal in Prince Rupert has received all major regulatory approvals to proceed with the next phase of expansion,...
- Air cargo guys say ecommerce will deliver the goods well into 2021
THE air cargo market will likely remain a bright spot for airlines well into 2021 as growth in e-commerce displaces Covid-driven shipments of...
- Volkswagen starts Ghana assembly after a ban on used car imports
GERMAN automotive giant Volkswagen has begun assembling cars in Ghana after a partial government ban on importing used cars, reports Bloomberg News
- Carriers divert to Port of Tripoli 43 miles away after Beirut blast
LEADING container lines are diverting ships to Lebanon's smaller terminal of Tripoli after the devastating explosion at Beirut's port that...
- Beirut needs immediate shipments of grain - food is in short supply
WITH the Port of Beirut closed after the massive explosion and infrastructure destroyed, food shortages are rife and half a million children in the...
- Covid-19 scare continues to slow airlines from adding capacity
THE Covid-19 pandemic continues to hurt airlines, as the outlook for economic recovery is more pessimistic than ever, according to New York's...
- Experts say 'preighters'- all-cargo pax planes - are here to stay
THE introduction of passenger aircraft in dedicated freighter roles has been a key development during the coronavirus pandemic - one that cargo...