SHANGHAI International Port Group reached a record breaking 40 millionth TEU crossing its Yangshan dock on December 29, making the city's port the...
- Port of Shanghai again breaks world record lifting its 40 millionth TEU
- "Pilots should be sheltered from commercial pressure"
Speaking at the opening ceremony of the "Pilotage and Towage Services and Technologies Congress" held in Izmir on the first day, the Chairman of the...
- SC in Chittagong bans scrapping toxic ship, North Sea Producer
SC in Chittagong bans scrapping toxic ship
- Container shipping recovery may be held back by looming large capacity injection
THERE are concerns that optimism in the container shipping industry buoyed by solid first half earnings may prevent the strict adherence to the...
- Hong Kong's OOCL makes the most of its new massive mega ships
HONG KONG's Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL) is setting world records with the size of its ships, reports Seatrade Maritime News of Colchester,...
- Hamad port opens officially, serves besieged Qatar in breaking blockade
QATAR's new Hamad port, which is the largest in the Middle East with annual capacity of 7.5 million TEU, has been officially opened in Umm Al Houl...
- OOCL Japan christened as sister ship gets Guinness World Records title
HONG Kong's Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL) has taken delivery of its third in a series of six 21,000 TEU class containerships, the OOCL Japan,...
- South Carolina handles 1.3 million TEU in 7 months, increases 13pc
SOUTH Carolina Ports Authority announced that in the first seven months of the calendar year it handled 1.3 million TEU, an increase of 13 per cent...
- Oakland handles 209,883 TEU in July, increasing port's volume 1.6pc
THE Port of Oakland handled a total of 209,883 TEU in July, up 1,6 per cent year on year, said port authorities.
- Nine crew members of sunken barge feared dead after collision
Nine crew members of sunken barge feared dead after collision
- Ice-locked ships start moving from Pevek after 5 months of captivity
Ice-locked ships start moving from Pevek after 5 months of captivity
- Maersk Line adds the world's largest boxship to its fleet
Maersk Line adds the world’s largest boxship to its fleet
- World's first Arc7 LNG tanker Christophe de Margerie arrives in Sabbetta
World’s first Arc7 LNG tanker Christophe de Margerie arrives in Sabbetta
- Panama Canal transits 1,000th neopanamax, 9,008-TEU MSC Anzu
THE Panama Canal has transited, its 1,000th neopanamax, the 9,008-TEU MSC Anzu from the Atlantic to the Pacific less than nine months after the newly...
- FMC head urges better protection from shipping alliances
US Federal Maritime Commission Commissioner William Doyle suggests that the collapse of Hanjin Shipping would have been less chaotic if the other...
- Luxury yacht sank in Andratx
Luxury yacht sank in Andratx
- Crew member injured during salvage of grounded ship
Crew member injured during salvage of grounded ship
- TT Club urges more care in packing containerised coiled cargo
TRANSPORT insurer TT Club has issued guidelines on packing and securing coiled materials in containers as part of its campaign to improve safe...
- LA port posts record box volumes of 8.8m TEU in 2016
THE Port of Los Angeles posted record cargo volumes in 2016 handling more than 8.85 million TEU for the year, an 8.5 per cent increase from 2015 and...
- Box shipping scrapping hits high of 700,000 TEU in 2016: Clarksons
THE struggling container shipping industry worldwide saw a record amount of containership capacity sent to scrap yards in 2016 as the expanded Panama...