BANGLADESH's Chittagong port, the busiest maritime port on the Bay of Bengal's coastline, handled a record 265,165 TEU in November, breaking...
- Chittagong sets new monthly volume record - 265,165 TEU in November
- First Naval Export Program to Sultanate of Oman Ever Accomplished in Turkish Republic History
ARES Shipyard has recently announced a new contract to supply 14-off ARES 85 HERCULES Fast Patrol Vessels to Royal Oman Police (ROP).
- Maersk drops Chennai, India's east coast port eyes transshipment rescue
NOW that Maersk Line has dropped Chennai because of poor productivity, the biggest port on the east coast of India is hoping transshipment will...
- EPA and CARB targets Volvo trucks for breaking US air pollution law
THE US Environmental Protection Agency is talks with Volvo to address a faulty emissions-control component that could cause the company's...
- Grounded ship pounded by heavy surf
The 'Osfjord' was stuck in pos
- Electronic logging devices help shippers plan better, increase driver safety
DESPITE protests by the Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association (OOIDA) over the implementation of the electronic logging device (ELD)...
- Ferry for breaking up in Esbjerg
The 'Insel Amrum' has arrived in Esbjerg for scrap already on June 26, 2018
- Evergreen embraces 50th anniversary ready to move 'full steam ahead'
EVERGREEN Group has celebrated its 50th anniversary at the Chang Yung-Fa Foundation, home of the charity established by the shipping group's...
- Gothenburg H1 volumes surge 19pc after resolving labour dispute
THE southwest Swedish Port of Gothenburg handled 378,000 TEU during the first six months of 2018, an increase of 19 per cent from the corresponding...
- AA Cargo volume up 9.7pc, sets record thanks to pharma, fruit, flowers
FORT WORTH's American Airlines Cargo's second quarter year-on-year freight volume increased 9
- Long Beach looks to another record year despite threat of trade war escalating
THE Port of Long Beach had its busiest month ever in June, but an intensifying trade war could stunt the momentum
- Tanker owner sues authorities to hamper retrieval of detained ship
The owner of the 'Lighthouse Winmore' which was being detained by South Korea for about eight months for allegedly transferring oil to the...
- Tug drifted aground
- Russia breaks record for express cargo delivery to space station
RUSSIA's space programme upped the world standard for 'express delivery' by shipping three tonnes of food, fuel and supplies to the...
- Chicago Rockford Airport turns sod to become cargo hub
ILLINOIS Democratic Congresswoman Cheri Bustos and Illinois Democratic Senator Dick Durbin joined local politicians and officials in a ground...
- Ship has water ingress through cracks
With cracks appearing in the middle of the deck of the 'SSL Kolkata', the Bengal government held a meeting with stakeholders to tackle any...
- Panama Canal Breaks Monthly Tonnage Record For The Third Time After Expansion
On June 7, 2018, for the third time since the inauguration of the Expanded Canal, the Panama Canal set a new monthly tonnage record of 38
- CMA CGM strengthens ties with Singapore's PSA in hunt for startups
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM has increased its presence in Singapore by linking its venture capital arm with that of PSA's in a joint effort to...
- Israels navy ships stops freedom ship
The commemoration of the 8th anniversary of the mosque of the Mavi Marmara ship, the Hürriyet ship moving from Gaza to Cyprus to break the embargo...
- Vistula Maersk makes a maiden call to St. Petersburg, as first in series of new ice-class vessels
Next vessel in series will be Volga Maersk, highlighting Maersk and Seago Line’s commitment to serving the Russian market.