THE latest survey by Aplphaliner shows that some 90 containerships, equating to over 600,000 TEU of capacity, have found employment in the past month...
- Idle box ship volume falls below 1m TEU for first time this year
- US West Coast rates to breach US$4,000 in September
WITH China to US freight rates continuing their rapid bull run, some commentators are predicting that the China to US West Coast prices will surpass...
- July's US import rally not a signal of a rapid recovery in box traffic
THE sharp upswing in demand on transpacific headhaul routes while the US is still in the grip of the pandemic has confounded analysts who had...
- Arrival of new mega-containership risks tilting the balance on box trades
THE containership orderbook is at an historic low but top carriers have a backlog of 86 ships of over 10,000 TEU scheduled for delivery over the next...
- Maersk triples Q2 profit despite volume decline
DANISH shipping giant AP Moller-Maersk reported a net profit of US$443 million for the second quarter, which compares with a profit $154 million for...
- Asian carriers reap Q2 profits by controlling costs
LINER operators Evergreen Marine Corporation, Wan Hai Lines and Regional Container Lines (RCL) all reported profits for the second quarter of the...
- AirBridgeCargo flew record number of RKN boxes from Amsterdam to Shanghai
AIRBRIDGE Airlines moved a record 41 RKN temperature controlled containers for Danish forwarding giant DSV on a scheduled flight from the Amsterdam...
- HK box volume up 3.3pc in July, the highest monthly total this year
THE Port of Hong Kong saw container throughput increase by 3
- Strong container sector helps minimise Yang Ming's losses
TAIWAN's Yang Ming Marine Transport Corporation (Yang Ming) saw profits from its container sector hit by the negative impact of the coronavirus...
- SC Ports steady freight movements minimises full-year volume drop
SOUTH Carolina Ports Authority (SC Ports Authority) finished fiscal year 2020 with relatively steady volumes compared to fiscal year 2019 despite...
- Beirut box trade is back, terminals not badly damaged as feared
CONTAINER lines have resumed calls to Beirut after last week's explosion, with the terminal having sustained only minor damage, say leading...
- HK Competition Commission okays box shops' Seaport Alliance plan
HONG KONG's Transport and Housing Bureau is expected to decide on August 26 whether to accept remedies proposed by container terminal operators...
- Port of Virginia throughput declines 16.8pc in July to 221,028 TEU
THE Port of Virginia posted a 16
- Home Depot to opens three distribution centres near Atlanta
BIG BOX retailer Home Depot to has announced that it will open three distribution centres in Georgia over the next 18 months to support the growing...
- Nine Abducted FPSO Crewmembers Released by Pirates
Nine Nigerian crewmembers who were kidnapped from the FPSO Sendje Berge last month have been released, according to operator BW Offshore.
- East Coast South America boxes drop 39pc - worse since 2008
EAST coast of South America container imports fell 39 per cent in June of 2020 compared to the same period last year, according to DataLiner data
- DP World blames Covid for 3.9pc in first half fall in box volume
DUBAI's DP World posted a 3
- Panama ports first half box throughput up 14pc to 3.8 million TEU
PANAMA's ports cargo volume grew by 13
- Increased tonnage afloat will result in rate slide, says Alphaliner
SOME 313 containerships, or 1,555,959 TEU, remained laid-up as of July 20, representing 6
- APMT Alabama box shop's plan threatens US east coast rivals
MAERSK's APM Terminals Mobile plans to expand in Alabama to 1