SOUTH Korea's Hyundai Samho Heavy Industries has delivered the world's first very large containership powered by liquefied natural gas (LNG)...
- Hyundai delivers world's first LNG-powered box ship, the CMA CGM Tenere
- New box terminal at Namibian Port is fully operational
THE new container terminal at the Namibian Port of Walvis Bay, built between 2014 and 2019 and commissioned in August 2019, is now fully operational
- Carriers impose congestion surcharges as strikes roll across Australian ports
LOBBY group Shipping Australia has backed DP World Australia's application to the Fair Work Commission to terminate industrial action at...
- TS Lines places US$91m order for four box ships at Huangpu Wenchong
TAIWANESE intra-Asia carrier TS Lines has commissioned the building of up to four 1,900 TEU containerships with a price tag of US$22
- Sydney's container congestion sparks anger all round Down Under
SYDNEY's pile up of empties, sorely needed in China ports if liners would only take them there, are causing massive congestion in Botany Bay,...
- PIL unloads another three box ships to stay afloat
SINGAPORE-BASED under pressure Pacific International Lines (PIL) continues to divest itself of tonnage to help pay bills
- Evergreen links up with X-Press Feeders to boost South America service
SINGAPORE-BASED feeder box ship operator X-Press Feeders is expanding its 'West Coast South America X-Press' (WSX) service that currently...
- Work starts on world's first large box ship LNG conversion
CHINA's Shanghai Huarun Dadong Dockyard has started the US$30 million retrofit of Hapag-Lloyd's 15,000-TEU Sajir to use LNG as fuel in what...
- Mitsubishi SOx installs scrubbers on 22 box ships and tankers
JAPAN's Mitsubishi Shipbuilding says its DIA-SOx marine scrubbers have been installed on 22 ships during the last eight months, reports New...
- India's major box port volumes increased 17.4pc in July
INDIA's container volumes through the country's ports continued to rise in July, albeit slightly, reports New Delhi's Financial Express
- Tangier Med Port bucks trend as box volume rises 22pc in first half
MOROCCO's Tangier Med Port ended the first half of 2020 with positive economic indicators, posting a two per cent increase in revenue to MAD1
- New Ivory Coast box terminal to be built in Abidjan
CHINA Harbour Engineering Company (CHEC) has signed a contract for the construction of Abidjan's second container terminal, known as Cote...
- Wan Hai acquires resale 1,800-TEU ship pair at Zhoushan Changhong
TAIWAN container shipping major Wan Hai Lines has received over two 1,800 TEU box ships under development at China's Zhoushan Changhong...
- HMM joins PSA in Singapore to run container terminal hub
KOREA's Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) has become the sixth container line to enter into a joint venture terminal in Singapore with PSA
- Livestock carrier goes missing with 43 crew onboard!
Japan’s coastguard is searching for 2002-built livestock carrier Gulf Livestock 1 after receiving a distress call from the vessel early this...
- Cosco gains US$1 billion from share sale of box maker CIMC
COSCO is expected to gain US$1 billion from selling most of its stake in China International Marine Containers (CIMC), reports Newark's Journal...
- Slumping port box volumes recall days of 2008-2009 financial crisis
GLOBAL container throughput figures will be down in 2020 - and by a margin comparative only to the global financial crisis of 2008-2009 because of...
- Hutchison sets up US$730 million box terminal with Egyptian Navy
HONG KONG'S Hutchison Ports has signed of an agreement with the Egyptian Navy to build and operate a US$730 million container terminal in Abu...
- Euroseas receives US$7.6m for three of its eldest vessels sold for scrap
NASDAQ-LISTED Greek box ship owner Euroseas has sold three of its eldest vessels for scrap for a total of around US$7
- New box terminal proposed for Louisiana's Plaquemines Port
PLAQUEMINES Port Harbour has announced an initial agreement for a new container terminal in Plaquemines Parish in Louisiana, United States