BIG BOX retailer Home Depot to has announced that it will open three distribution centres in Georgia over the next 18 months to support the growing...
- Home Depot to opens three distribution centres near Atlanta
- Nine Abducted FPSO Crewmembers Released by Pirates
Nine Nigerian crewmembers who were kidnapped from the FPSO Sendje Berge last month have been released, according to operator BW Offshore.
- East Coast South America boxes drop 39pc - worse since 2008
EAST coast of South America container imports fell 39 per cent in June of 2020 compared to the same period last year, according to DataLiner data
- DP World blames Covid for 3.9pc in first half fall in box volume
DUBAI's DP World posted a 3
- Panama ports first half box throughput up 14pc to 3.8 million TEU
PANAMA's ports cargo volume grew by 13
- Increased tonnage afloat will result in rate slide, says Alphaliner
SOME 313 containerships, or 1,555,959 TEU, remained laid-up as of July 20, representing 6
- APMT Alabama box shop's plan threatens US east coast rivals
MAERSK's APM Terminals Mobile plans to expand in Alabama to 1
- Trade wars and pandemic shrink cargo volumes at US coast ports
TRADE wars and the Covid-19 pandemic continue to hurt traffic through the nation's East and West Coast ports in 2020, with some reporting...
- Global shipyards face crisis with receding box ship orders
WITH global demand expected to contract by some 10 per cent this year, due to the impact of the pandemic, blanked sailings are likely to be...
- Sinokor turns to Chinese shipyard for four more box ships
SOUTH Korean owner Sinokor has returned to China State Shipbuilding Corporation's (CSSC) subsidiary Huangpu Wenchong Shipbuilding in Guangzhou to...
- DP World H1 box volume dips 5pc due to Covid-19
DUBAI's DP World, one of the world's largest operators of ports with locations in more than 50 countries, handled 33
- HPH Trust HI profit slides 9pc, box throughput down 8pc to 10.3m TEU
SINGAPORE-LISTED Hutchison Port Holdings Trust (HPH Trust) says the severe slowdown in global trade amid the Covid-19 pandemic has resulted in its...
- Dublin's second quarter container throughput declines 14pc to 173,000 TEU
THE Port of Dublin's unitised trade, trailers and containers combined, fell 13
- US box imports slide 10pc in June, better performance by west coast ports
UNLIKE the trend of the past year, US west coast ports fared better in comparison with their east and Gulf coast gateway rivals last month, recording...
- Yang Ming to boost fleet with three new 11,500 TEU vessels
TAIWAN-BASED Yang Ming is to expand its fleet with three 11,500 TEU ships being built by Japan's largest shipyard
- Ironing out bugs in post-Brexit UK-EU software looms as concern
BRITISH plans for border controls post Brexit will rely on an IT system to cope with the extra burdens businesses will face from January 1, reports...
- Governments shifting their positions on crew changes after IMO summit
SEVEN crew members of the container vessel Rhine Maersk were repatriated to their home countries from Panama, with six new colleagues signing on to...
- Port of Virginia's FY2020 box volumes down 6.2pc handling 2.8m TEU
THE Port of Virginia's cargo volume was off by more than 181,000 TEU in fiscal year 2020, with the decrease attributable to the trade tariffs...
- Hamburg installs machine learning software to predict box movement
MACHINE learning has come to Hamburg to predict the dwell time at Hamburger Hafen und Logistik (HHLA) container terminals, the company has announced
- MSC adds new service and updates four strings on its intra-Asia network
MEDITERRANEAN Shipping Company (MSC) has announced an upgrade to its intra-Asia network, adding a new service and updating four of its existing...