DIVERSIFIED Brazilian shipping group Wilson, Son, has received a major boost as mega ships bring more cargo to its two terminals because today's...
- Too big for Buenos Aires shallows, ships find deeper water via cabotage
- China's port reefer logjam eases as Beijing loosens grip on truckers
SEVERE congestion at Chinese ports is easing, although reefer box congestion has disrupted fresh and frozen supplies, Reuters reports
- Taiwan's Kaohsiung to be transformed to house smart mega-ship terminal
TAIWAN has finished the land reclamation project at the Port of Kaohsiung to facilitate the building of the new mega ship Intercontinental Container...
- Seattle to spend US$9.5 billion on port expansion of marine facilities
THE Port of Seattle has unveiled plans to spend US$9
- Ningbo-Zhoushan port set to expand box throughput by 5.6m TEU
THE world's largest port in terms of cargo throughput in the past decade, Ningbo-Zhoushan, has mapped out a significant expansion to its far...
- DP World acquires Fraser Surrey Docks near Vancouver
DUBAI-based port operator DP World says it has completed the acquisition of Fraser Surrey Docks in British Columbia from Macquarie Infrastructure...
- Saudi's King Abdullah port handles record cargo, but boxes drop in 2019
KING Abdullah port, 85 miles north of Jeddah, saw its bulk and general cargo throughput rise to 2
- Proposed pipeline triggers protests against rail links to Canadian ports
PROTESTERS have been blocking sections of Canada's rail network, impacting port operations on both coasts, in opposition to a Indians objections...
- 1,350-TEU Portuguese-flagged ship aground in Colombian waters
THE 1,350-TEU Portuguese-flagged ship AS Fillipa out of Cartagena ran aground on February 18, when entering entrance channel to Barranquilla,...
- South Carolina Ports wins US$20 million US grant to dredge to 52 feet
THE South Carolina Ports Authority has been awarded a US$20 million federal grant to build infrastructure at the Wando Welch Terminal in support of...
- Wilmington port to complete expansion to handle 14,000-TEU ship in March
THE port of Wilmington in North Carolina expects to complete the expansion of its refrigerated container yard in April, tripling its reefer storage...
- Westports' 4Q net profit down 13.8pc but full-year earnings up
WESTPORTS Holdings Bhd's net profit dived by 13
- Vietnam's Vinalines looks to joining global shipping alliances
VIETNAM National Shipping Lines Corporation (Vinalines) has set sights on joining a global shipping alliance by focusing on developing its port...
- Georgia to expand Savannah box terminal by 1m TEU through land acquisition
THE Georgia Ports Authority has acquired 145 acres of land to expand the port of Savannah by one million TEU in annual capacity
- SC Ports celebrates terminal building topping out ceremony
SOUTH Carolina's Hugh K Leatherman Sr Terminal is taking shape along the Cooper River as SC Ports Authority prepares to open the new container...
- Manila's Batangas terminal handles record 310,000 TEU
THE Batangas Container Terminal (BCT), operated by listed Asian Terminals, Inc (ATI), handled a record 310,000 TEU of international boxes that mainly...
- Yilport's 2020-2050 business plan targets organic growth
TURKISH port operator Yilport is aiming to focus on organic growth and to start operations in two container terminals this year, according to its new...
- Port of Savannah sets new record with 5.6pc rise to 4.6 million TEU
THE Port of Savannah posted a 5
- Lagos' Lekki seaport to accommodate 18-TEU ships when open
THE management of Lekki deep seaport in Lagos will be able to handle ships of up to 18,000 TEU
- Port of Shanghai acquires 5pc of Ningbo-Zhoushan for US$1.62 billion
THE Port of Ningbo plans to raise CNY11