TWO-WAY trade between China and Africa fell 19
- China-Africa trade down 20pc, hit from coronavirus in first half
- CMA CGM levies rate hike peak season surcharge in August
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM will levy a Peak Season Surcharge of US$150 per TEU from August 1, but not beyond August 31
- Floods in China disrupt Yangtze River cargo flow
PORT operations at Shanghai and Ningbo have been severly disrupted by the nation's worst floods in decades which have led to port closures on the...
- Turkish Cargo ups market share despite - or because of - Covid-19
TURKISH Cargo claims said it had increased its market share to five per cent from 4
- Panama Ship Registry grows 4.1pc in first year under new administration
THE Panama Ship Registry has grown by 4
- US Hong Kong Autonomy Act now law, ending preferential trade status
US President Donald Trump took two actions against China in response to Beijing's moves on Hong Kong, signing an executive order ending the...
- Oman Air keeps busy delivering UN relief to war-torn Yemeni capital
OMAN Air has revealed it has operated 69 chartered cargo-only flights from April to June, including the highest-ever cargo load the airline has ever...
- US bans Pakistan International Airlines after fake pilot certificates found
PAKISTAN International Airlines (PIA) has been banned from the US because nearly a third of the nation's pilots had fake certificates, reports...
- Chinese miners face hurdles as Australia, Canada tensions mount
GREATER scrutiny by mineral-rich Australia and Canada may cut short deals led by China's state miners and limit Beijing's role in gold sector...
- Italy prohibits German migrant rescue ship!
Italy prohibits German migrant rescue ship Sea-Watch 3 from leaving harbor
- Lufthansa starts reducing fleet, cutting jobs to pay back state aid
GERMAN flag carrier Lufthansa will cut 20 per cent of managerial positions and accept no more than 80 planes from its current order book to be able...
- Fitch Ratings: Vietnam outperforms Asian frontier sovereign countries
VIETNAM is positioned to stand out among Asia's frontier and emerging markets this year in terms of its economic resilience and success in...
- Senior banker: Japanese shipping must unite - one for all, all for one
THE Japanese people must make a concerted effort and raise their voices to a significant level to again have an impact on world shipping, said a...
- Italy, Malta reject 52 migrants stranded on animal cargo ship!
Captain of Lebanese cargo ship carrying 52 migrants rescued in the Mediterranean says food and water are running out.
- Ghana: First quarter cargo traffic rose by 12.6pc to 166,685 TEU
FIRST quarter laden container volume at Ghana's two seaports, Tema and Takoradi,increased 12
- PSA and DP World in line for major port projects in Chittagong
TWO global port operators - Singapore's PSA and Saudi Arabia's Red Sea Gateway Terminal (RSGT) - have been shortlisted to build Bay Terminal,...
- Cai Mep ready to gain from supply chain exit from China
VIETNAM's Cai Mep-Thi Vai container port, which now routinely handles 14,000 - 16,000-TEUers, recently saw the maiden call of 2M's TP17...
- US Senate passes bill against Chinese officials over Hong Kong
THE Republican-controlled US Senate has unanimously passed a bill to impose sanctions on Chinese officials who threaten Hong Kong's autonomy, as...
- China to make good threat to ban all solid waste imports in 2021
CHINA, ending off years of tightening curbs, will ban all imports of solid waste from next year after spending decades as the world's largest...
- IATA: Air cargo picked up in May, demand still weak
THE International Air Transport Association (IATA) reported air cargo volume fell 20