SHIPPERS must become more accurate with their forecasting air freight capacity, says Flexport's head of air freight, Neel Jones Shah, who urged...
- Shippers need accurate freight capacity forecasts: forwarders
- LOT and Group Concorde uses Boeing preighter to move 53.5 tonnes
LOT Polish Airlines and its India GSSA, Group Concorde, have flown 53
- AA, Southwest defer 737 Max deliveries, Delta puts off Airbus
AMERICAN Airlines () and Southwest Airlines has joined other carriers in deferring orders for the troubled Boeing 737 Max, grounded for more than 18...
- Cathay pilots seek HK Labour Department to stop 58pc pay cut
THE Hong Kong Aircrew Officers Association (HKAOA) has requested action by the Hong Kong Labour Department over the recent restructuring of the...
- Canada's Port of Prince Rupert expects to double capacity by 2040
THE Port of Prince Rupert in northern British Columbia, expects to double container capacity by 2040 to 1
- Maersk-Damco union risks being a bad game changer: customs broker
FOLDING Damco into Maersk risks disrupting the shipping and logistics industries worldwide, says Zeus Logics customs broker Roger Crook, reports IHS...
- World cargo movement starts to limp from Covid crisis: Drewry
CHINA, which led the recovery from the impact of Covid, surpassed the August 2019 Drewry Global Freight Index by close to five per cent (6
- Italy halts 5G deal between Fastweb and Shenzhen's Huawei
ITALY has prevented telecoms group Fastweb from signing a deal with Shenzhen's Huawei to supply equipment for its 5G core network, three Reuters...
- Costamare Q3 net profit declines 29.8pc to US$25 million
COSTAMARE, a leading Greek shipowner and provider of containerships for charter posted a 29
- Beirut blast plunges port revenue 44.4pc to US$84.8 million
THE Port of Beirut posted a 44
- Rotterdam's cargo throughput dips 9pc in first three quarters
CARGO throughput at the Port of Rotterdam in the first three quarters declined 8
- Sine Draco turns to Ascent Aviation for A321 conversion project
SINE Draco Aviation Development has selected Ascent Aviation Services in Tucson, Arizona, for modification and completion of its prototype A321...
- Yemeni Houthis hit Saudi airport in retaliatory drone attack
YEMENI Houthis and Saleh loyalist forces have launched a drone attack against an airport in Saudi Arabia, according to their spokesmen who hold the...
- Two years in, India's cabotage change fails to lift local carriers
INDIAN shippers are facing capacity shortages and high rate increases, despite cabotage liberalisation that was to solve this with more direct...
- China to US shipping costs rise on Covid restocking
SHIPPING goods from Asia to the US have increased over the last month as American companies look to restock depleted inventories before Christmas and...
- Singapore and Finland LNG bunker tie-up to service east-west trades
A UNIT of Singapore's Temasek Holdings, Pavilion Energy and Gasum, a Finnish state-owned gas company, are teaming up to extend transcontinental...
- Biggest Iranian boxship - 14,500-TEU - docks at Shahid Rajaee
THE biggest Iranian containership - the 14,500-TEU Rayen - has docked at Shahid Rajaee Port in south Iran, reports Tehran's Mehr News Agency
- DP World third quarter volume up 3.1pc to 18.3 million TEU
GLOBAL port operator DP World handled 18
- Too high CO2 liners to face 'serious negative consequences'
THE International Chamber of Shipping (ICS) has welcomed the comprehensive CO2 reduction rules from the UN's International Maritime Organisation...
- Cosco Shipping Ports Q3 profit up 19.7pc to US$85.9 million
MAINLAND China's international port operator Cosco Shipping Ports posted a 19