SHIPS operating in the Gulf region should be vigilant following the US air strike in Iraq that killed Iran's General Qassem Soleimani, according...
- Security concerns for shipping in the Middle East after Soleimani's death
- Maritime Strategies International predicts box shipping rates to rise
MARITIME Strategies International (MSI) anticipates declines in December in container spot rates could pave the way for higher rates on mainline...
- US e-commerce sales to reach US$3.5 trillion in 2010
TOTAL US e-commerce revenue in 2020 will reach US$3
- World air cargo volumes shrinkage shrinks as 2019 draws to a close
DATA from analyst WorldACD showed that cargo demand in chargeable weight declined by 2
- US-EU trade war threat looms over transatlantic trade, says Drewry
A SLOWDOWN in US new car sales and the threat of trade war between the EU and America means trouble for transatlantic container trade, according to...
- IMO 2020 raises fears and 'what ifs' as uncertainties abound
FEARS mount in the shipping industry as bunker adjustment factors are introduced by major shipping lines along with the insufficient output of very...
- Today most US Christmas lights come from Cambodia - not China
US imports of Christmas tree lights is a shining example of the shift in manufacturing taking place in Asia as a result of the US-China trade war,...
- Amazon becomes its own biggest deliverer, shipping 3.5 billion parcels
AMERICAN e-commerce giant Amazon
- Airlines queue up to buy Made-in-USA Airbus jets to avoid US tariffs
AMERICAN airlines that fly Airbus planes have been asking that their planes come from Airbus's sole US plant, in Mobile, Alabama, to avoid...
- Cosco Shipping to spend US$1.8b on 16 box ships: Splash report
CHINA's Cosco Shipping is reported to be in the market for sixteen box ships worth US$1
- Kerry Logistics bags 2 accolades at The Asset ESG Corporate Awards
KERRY Logistics Network Ltd has for a second year in a row won the Platinum Award, the highest honour of The Asset ESG Corporate Awards, as well as...
- Airlines struggle in economic environment, as forwarders won't commit to volumes
FREIGHT forwarders are cutting their block space agreements (BSA) with airlines for 2020, as they are reluctant to commit volume to carriers
- 10pc world box fleet to be fitted with scrubbers before IMO 2020
TEN per cent of the world's containership fleet will be fitted with scrubbers by January 2020 when the International Maritime Organization's...
- US-China trade war hits global container shipping as demand falls
GLOBAL container shipping demand growth slowed to one per cent during the first nine months of the year, according to Bimco's chief shipping...
- Trump's solar panel tariff injuncted by US Court of International Trade
THE US Court of International Trade issued an injunction freezing the Trump administration's move to eliminate the provision that exempted...
- Surprise! Surprise! Bunker fuel shake-up plays out in weirdest ways
THE UN's shipping fuel shake-up is not playing out the way pundits thought it would, reports Dubai-based MENA Financial
- Slow scrubber retrofits remove 3.6pc of box ship fleet from market
SOME 839,100 TEU of containership capacity, equivalent to 3
- Fears over Chinese ownership of foreign ports 'overstated' - Drewry
CHINA's port and terminal operators have made some significant acquisitions overseas, however, concerns that Chinese terminal operators are...
- Ex-Maersk men of Sea Intelligence blast other lines' C02 calculators
SHIPPERS are being misled by container shipping lines if they put any credit in CO2 calculators provided by carriers, say Copenhagen analysts of...
- Crude price falls as Trump signals long wait for US-China trade deal
OIL slipped below US$56 a barrel US President Donald Trump said there may be a long wait for a trade agreement with China, reported Bloomberg