GROUP managing director Westports Holdings, Datuk Ruben Emir Gnanalingam, says container throughput is expected to reach an all-time high of more...
- Westports expected to lift record 10m TEU this year
- Weak demand, falling rates leads to more cancelled Asia-Europe sailings
THE North Europe component of the Shanghai Containerised Freight Index (SCFI) dropped 6
- Cosco consortium to buy 40pc stake in world's largest dredging company
CHINA's Cosco Shipping Ports (CSP) has announced that its subsidiary Shanghai Terminal has proposed to enter into a consortium agreement with...
- HMM to add 519,000 TEU of box ship capacity to THE Alliance's network
SOUTH Korea's Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) is likely to add 34 ships with a total capacity of 519,000 TEU when it joins THE Alliance as a full...
- Cathay and Air New Zealand continue cooperation until at least 2024
THE New Zealand government has re-authorised Cathay Pacific and Air New Zealand's joint venture partnership for a further five years through to...
- Ocean shipping will be able to ride out a global recession: report
SIGNS of an impending global recession are piling up with a world map littered with potential economic and geopolitical crises
- Top 100 ports show stable growth in 2018 handling 616m TEU
BOX volumes at the world's top 100 container ports reached 616
- CMA CGM blanks another Asia-North Europe sailing
FLUCTUATIONS between supply and demand has prompted CMA CGM to withdraw a further peak season headhaul Asia-North Europe sailing
- HMM to join THE Alliance, injecting capacity to rival that of 2M, Ocean Alliance
SOUTH Korea's Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) will join THE Alliance in 2020, breaking away from the 2M shipping alliance of Maersk Line and...
- Zim to take slots on 2M Alliance's 2nd Asia-US service along Gulf of Mexico
2M Alliance members Maersk Line and Mediterranean Shipping Company are launching a second service from Asia to the US via the Gulf of Mexico
- Shippers unwise to demand abolition of shipping alliances: Jensen
THE abolition of shipping alliances would result in freight rates 'skyrocketing,' according to long-time shipping analyst Lars Jensen, CEO of...
- HAROPA cargo up 5.1pc, boxes rise 4pc to 1.2 million TEU in 5 months
HAROPA, the amalgam of the ports of Le Havre, Rouen and Paris, posted a 5
- Westbound transatlantic trade lane proves to be world's most profitable
THE westbound transatlantic trade lane, because of a strong dollar and commendable capacity discipline, is one of the few bright spots in container...
- Hong Kong Seaport Alliance aims to reclaim 20m TEU from competitors
THE recently formed Hong Kong Seaport Alliance is looking to reclaim 2 million TEU of volume from its competitors in the region by 2020, Group...
- ZIM's Kota Pekarang largest box ship to ever call at Jacksonville port
THE 11,923 TEU Kota Pekarang operated by Israeli shipping line ZIM, on a service offered by the 2M Alliance, has become the largest containership to...
- Europe-Asia/North America box shipping capacity rises slightly
THE container shipping industry faced a challenging market in the first quarter as the US-China trade dispute reduced available capacity on...
- Drewry says win-win shipping alliance terminal operations hard to find
CONTAINER terminal alliances at major ports present hurdles on the path to success, says Drewry senior ports and terminals analyst Neil Davidson,...
- Rotterdam volumes rise 7.3pc to 3.7 million TEU in first quarter
THE Port of Rotterdam increased first quarter container volume 7
- Port of Le Havre 2018 annual revenue up 5.5pc to US$220.3 million
THE Port of Le Havre posted a 5
- Typhoons wreak havoc on carriers' schedule reliability
TYPHOONS and other adverse weather conditions are wreaking havoc on the schedules of container shipping lines, creating a 'major disruption'...