US Airlines employed 706,824 in the middle of July 2020, 7,101 more than in mid-June 2020 and 46,461 fewer than in March 2020, revealing what many...
- It's not all bad - US airline jobs up 7,000 from mid-June
- Cathay flew 98.8pc fewer passengers and 36.7pc less cargo in August
HONG Kong's Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon carried a total of 102,122 tonnes of cargo and mail in August, a decrease of 36
- Cathay burning cash at a monthly rate of US$259m, more restructuring on the way
HONG Kong's flagship carrier Cathay Pacific has warned of further restructuring with the airline burning cash at a staggering rate of up to HKD2...
- Antonov Airlines delivers newest satellite for SpaceX launch
ANTONOV Airlines has cooperated with Bollore Logistics to move Airbus Defence and Space's most current satellite, ANASIS-II to the USA, reports...
- Airports and airlines call for an extension to slot rule waiver
AIRLINE and airport groups have formed an alliance to request the European Commission to extend the slot waiver system over the winter season,...
- Airbus beats Boeing on deliveries, avoids order cancellations
THE Covid-battered commercial aviation market finds Airbus ahead as it has delivered 39 jets last month while its rival Boeing delivered only 13
- CHAMP Cargosystems names CEO from Swiss parent SITA
LUXEMBOURG's air cargo software firm CHAMP Cargosystems has named Chris McDermott as its new chief executive from October 1, reports London's...
- Court stops Kenya Airways pilots' sacking until state bailout
A COURT ordered Kenya Airways to stop sacking pilots pending a case challenging the layoffs, reports Bloomberg
- United to eliminate 16,370 jobs because of weak demand
UNITED AIRLINES will eliminate 16,370 jobs next month to shrink operations in response to a decline in flights because of Covid pandemic, reports...
- U-Freight busy with project for airline repair firms, despite Covid-19
HONG Kong-based freight forwarder and logistics company, U-Freight says its project activity for airline repair companies has been holding up...
- Lufthansa Cargo welcomes its eighth Boeing 777F to its fleet
A NEW Boeing 777F landed at Frankfurt from Everett in Washington State, the eighth aircraft of this type to join Lufthansa Cargo's freighter...
- July air cargo demand stable, but capacity remains constrained by Covid
THE International Air Transport Association (IATA) has reported that global demand, measured in cargo ton kilometres (CTKs), fell by 13
- GTA dnata groundhandler nabs 5-year contract in Vancouver
GTA dnata has been awarded a five-year ground handling licence and will establish operations at Vancouver International Airport (YVR)
- Association of Asia Pacific Airlines reports July cargo demand stablises
THE Association of Asia Pacific Airlines (PA) reported a stable air cargo demand in July, reports London's Air Cargo News
- SF Airlines opens Wuhan-Osaka cargo route to meet rising demand
SHENZHEN's SF Airlines, China's leading air cargo carrier, has opened a new international cargo route linking central China's Wuhan and...
- Virgin Atlantic Cargo begins operations between UK and Pakistan
VIRGIN Atlantic Cargo flights between the UK and Pakistan will commence from December after creditors voted in favour of its restructuring plan,...
- Boeing discovers two manufacturing flaws in Dreamliner fuselage
BOEING has discovered two manufacturing flaws in the fuselage of eight 787 Dreamliners, reports London's Air Cargo News
- Spectre delivers B737 aircraft to Tianjin Air Cargo
US Austin, Texas-based freighter aircraft lease-finance company Spectre Cargo Solutions has delivered a B737-700BDSF to Tianjin Air Cargo
- Airfreight rates from China on the rise
AIRFREIGHT rates from China to Europe and North America are on the rise, with rates from Shanghai to those destinations up about 10 per cent over the...
- SIA lends helping hand to WFP's troubled Covid air cargo network
SINGAPORE Airlines (SIA) Cargo has pledged to carry out freighter flights in support of the World Food Programme's (WFP) Covid-19 air cargo...