LUXEMBOURG cargo airline Cargolux has added Shenzhen to its network as it looks to strengthen its presence in China
- Cargolux adds service to Shenzhen to boost China footprint
- US Air Force's freighters could be deployed to fly truck loads of vaccine
US military aircraft will play a major role in emergency distribution of a Covid-19 vaccine because there aren't enough private-sector cargo jets...
- Cathay launches 12-week cargo service to Pittsburgh linking Southeast Asia
HONG Kong flag carrier Cathay Pacific Airways has temporarily expanded its operations in the Americas, with a 12-week cargo service linking...
- CMA CGM's first of nine LNG-powered 23,000 TEU box ships enters service
THE world's largest LNG-powered ship, the 23,000 TEU CMA CGM Jacques Saade, has entered into service plying the carrier's French Asia Line...
- Seafarers are facing a Covid-driven humanitarian crisis!
Thousands of mariners are unable to sign off from their ships, causing considerable mental agony to them and their families
- WFS expands cargo handling operations at OR Tambo with new contracts
MAJOR global ground handler Worldwide Flight Services (WFS) has expanded its cargo handling operations at Johannesburg's OR Tambo International...
- Airbus plans for zero-emission aircraft fuelled by hydrogen to operate by 2035
EUROPEAN multinational aerospace company Airbus has announced plans for the world's first zero-emission commercial aircraft models that run on...
- Boeing to open new freighter conversion lines, receives two orders for 737-800BCF
AMERICAN aircraft manufacturer Boeing says it has received an order for two 737-800BCFs from an unidentified customer while announcing that it had...
- Mike Duggan to steer Eastern Airlines' international cargo business
US carrier Eastern Airlines has appointed Mike Duggan as director of international cargo business development as it prepares to expand into freighter...
- Volga-Dnepr Group H1 revenue up 40pc
RUSSIA'S Volga-Dnepr Group reported that total revenue across its three airlines - Volga-Dnepr Airlines, AirBridgeCargo Airlines (ABC) and ATRAN...
- DHL Express announces 2021 rate hike of 5pc for Hong Kong and Macau
MAJOR international express service provider DHL Express has announced an average price increase of 4
- Viking ship runs aground off Finland, all passengers evacuated!
A ferry operated by Finnish company Viking Line has run aground in the Åland Islands waters between Finland and Sweden, Finnish authorities said.
- IATA's head of cargo Glyn Hughes takes voluntary redundancy
THE International Air Transport Association (IATA) has confirmed that head of cargo Glyn Hughes will leave the organisation as part of a wider...
- Starlux Airlines utilises IBS Software's iCargo platform
TAIWAN-BASED Starlux Airlines has deployed IBS Software's iCargo platform as it prepares to expand operations
- Amazon expands air fleet, narrowing gap with UPS and FedEx
AMERICAN e-commerce giant Amazon has rapidly increased its air cargo business in recent months while the airline industry may be reeling from the...
- DP World collaborates with Israeli firm in bid for Haifa Port
DUBAI's DP World is partnering with an Israeli group to bid for one of Israel's two main ports and to examine opening a direct shipping line...
- E-commerce growth leads to rise in shipping and investments: CMA CGM chief
THE head of French shipping giant CMA CGM says the future of the world's fourth-largest container line will increasingly be built on e-commerce
- This new technology can save whales from ship collisions
A newly developed tool uses AI, a mobile app and big data to help mariners avoid whale strikes.
- FIS Air Freight Report indicates continually rising prices per kilogramme
EXPORT prices kicked back into action on the last week of August, despite many seeing a lull in actual moved volumes until mid September, according...
- Warning on Xmas shipments, airfreight capacity crunch push e-commerce to sea
FLORIDA-BASED parcel delivery network for Latin America SkyPostal has sounded an alarm for disappointments at Christmas