CANADA will support a ban on scrubbers in the course of lobbying for a ban on the use of heavy fuel oil by ships plying Arctic waters when the...
- Canada to back ban on heavy fuel oil in Arctic at IMO meeting in London
- Imports to US major ports expected to take heavy blow in February
IMPORT volumes at the top US retail container ports are likely to dive this month on the back of the coronavirus outbreak
- DSV Panalpina's airfreight volumes rise but profits decline due to integration
DSV's air freight revenues and volumes improved last year after buying Panalpina
- Dublin Port Company reports 2019 growth of 3.6pc to 1.5 million unitised units
The Dublin Port Company has reported a growth in unitised volumes of 3
- Asian airlines face tough start to 2020 with coronavirus
AIRLINES in Asia saw international air cargo demand, as measured in freight tonne kilometres (FTK), drop by 5
- ONE expects quarterly loss of US$49m but optimistic of full-year profit
JAPANESE shipping company ONE anticipates a US$49 million loss for the current quarter, on the back of weak demand following the Chinese Lunar New...
- Airfreight rates forecast to dive deeper in January, after lacklustre peak season
AIRFREIGHT rates dipped in December following a rise in November, suggesting that the weak peak season has come to an end, and London-based...
- Stringent emissions standards for sea freight hit other transport modes
THE fuel market transition underway because of the International Maritime Organisation's (IMO) new regulation that caps the sulphur content in...
- Most US ports boost container traffic in 2019 despite high tariffs
US top ports either surpassed or came close to topping 2018's record-breaking figures, in spite of the weaker trade environment, triggered by the...
- Ships calling at EU ports will need inventory of hazmat certification
ALL ships entering a European Union port or anchorage will need to carry a valid and certificated Inventory of Hazardous Materials (IHM) by the end...
- LA down 17.3pc, Long Beach off 5.7 in 2019, both brace for headwinds
THE Port of Long Beach posted a 5
- Let's start measuring cube, not weight in air cargo stats: CLIVE Data
THE global utilisation of air cargo capacity is 35 per cent higher than the traditional industry indicator suggests, according to CLIVE Data...
- Fortune 500 CH Robinson sees more sourcing diversification in 2020
US FORTUNE 500 company CH Robinson, the multimodal Minnesota logistics provider sees continuing diversification of sourcing away from China in the...
- 2019 cargo volumes at Port of Los Angeles fall short of record levels
THE Port of Los Angeles fell short of record year in 2019 at 9,337,632 TEU, making it the second-best year in the harbour's 113-year history
- American Trucking Associations applaud USMCA trade deal passage
THE American Trucking Associations commended the US Congress and the Trump administration for ratification of the US-Mexico-Canada Agreement, setting...
- European planemaker Airbus far ahead of Boeing in talks for China orders
THE China Aviation Supplies Holding Company that buys commercial planes for them nation, has been in talks with Toulouse-based Airbus and not with...
- Cathay group cargo volume drops 2.9pc in Dec to 177,561 tonnes
HONG Kong's Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon carried 177,561 tonnes of cargo and mail in December month, a decrease of 2
- Carriers want rates to stick post-CNY to recover higher marine fuel costs
HIGHER container spot rates from Asia to Europe and to the US have prompted ocean liners to switch their focus to securing as much cargo as possible...
- PSA International box volume increases 5pc globally in 2019 to 85m TEU
SINGAPORE'S PSA International handled 85
- US retail import volumes are expected to return to traditional seasonal patterns
DESPITE the flux and trepidation caused by the uncertainties surrounding the US-China trade war, the dust is starting to settle over retail imports...