THE 3,104-TEU Liberian-flagged Leto has informed authorities in the Port of Valencia that two stowaways jumped overboard shortly after the ship...
- West African stowaways jump to their deaths from ship in Valencia
- Libya's oil exports set to dwindle as ports blockade persists
LIBYA plans to export 1
- South African Airways rescue stalls as banks say they lack funds
THE expected rescue of South African Airways (S) has been stalled because government attempts to raise ZAR5
- Volkswagen starts Ghana assembly after a ban on used car imports
GERMAN automotive giant Volkswagen has begun assembling cars in Ghana after a partial government ban on importing used cars, reports Bloomberg News
- Air cargo market 'exceptionally challenging' despite improvement in June
THE latest IATA statistics show that there are some signs of improvement in the decline in airfreight traffic in June, but business remains...
- Djibouti's new African shipping line launches first feeder service
EAST Africa-based Djibouti Shipping Company, a subsidiary of the Djibouti Port and Free Zone Authority, has launched its first container service in...
- ICTSI inks concession contract with Cameroon's Kribi terminal
MANILA's International Container Terminal Services, Inc (ICTSI) has signed a concession contract with the Port Autonome de Kribi (PAK) for the...
- Port of Tanjung Pelepas smashes another move record
MALAYSIA's Port of Tanjung Pelepas (PTP) has established another operational milestone after it broke the productive moves per hour (PMPH) record...
- New airlines brings cargo growth to Brussels Airport in June
BRUSSELS Airport saw its cargo volumes increase by 4
- CMA CGM levies US$200/TEU Asia-E Africa rate hike August 15
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM is to implement a rate restoration programme mid-August on its Asia to East Africa trade
- China-Africa trade down 20pc, hit from coronavirus in first half
TWO-WAY trade between China and Africa fell 19
- COVID-hit Spanish fleet In Seychelles facing economic losses amid work disruption
- South African Treasury helps source SAA funding
SOUTH Africa's Treasury will help source the funding needed to save the country's national airline, the Department of Public Enterprises said
- CEVA plans to be tops in former British and French Africa
CEVA Logistics, now a unit of French shipping giant CMA CGM, is launching a three-part expansion plan for the African market, starting in east and...
- Hapag Lloyd's addition to its Africa service portfolio, the China Kenya Express
GERMAN shipping giant Hapag Lloyd will offer weekly direct sailings between Chinese Key (CKX) Ports and Mombasa (Kenya) from August 19, reports the...
- China's African Madaraka Express railway blunts Covid-19 impact
THE Chinese-built and operated Madaraka Express that runs 300 miles on the new standard gauge railway between Mombasa and Nairobi, has been credited...
- CMA CGM to launch Round The Africa Service 'RTA' from July 25
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM has introduced a new Round the Africa (RTA) service to complement its existing 31 services to Sub Saharan Africa, the...
- Chinese miners face hurdles as Australia, Canada tensions mount
GREATER scrutiny by mineral-rich Australia and Canada may cut short deals led by China's state miners and limit Beijing's role in gold sector...
- Ships Hit Smaller Sea Animals More Often than Researchers Thought
New research sheds light on the range of creatures killed and injured by collisions
- How to get more women seafarers on board!
Around 80% of international trade is seaborne, making seafaring key to worldwide security, development and economic prosperity.