MEDITERRANEAN Shipping Company's (MSC) Terminal Investment Limited (TiL) has entered into a joint venture agreement with Peel Ports to develop...
- MSC, Peel Ports team up to boost capacity of UK's Liverpool container terminal
- THE Alliance falls behind rival alliances in mega box ship fleet stakes
THE Alliance will have 60 per cent less 18,000+ TEU containerships compared to rivals 2M and the Ocean Alliance, even after Hyundai Merchant Marine...
- Global container fleet swells to 23m TEU - scrapping slows and demand weakens
SO far this year 826,000 TEU of cellular capacity on some 108 vessels has been received by liner operators, raising the total global containership...
- China's port of Nansha gains 2M alliance's US east coast service
2M Alliance members Maersk Line and Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC) have added a port call in Nansha - in southern China's Guangdong...
- Poor communication about blank sailings has shippers and forwarders up in arms
THE inconsistencies and tardiness of cancelled sailing announcements by shipping lines around China's Golden Week is causing frustration to both...
- Weak demand, falling rates leads to more cancelled Asia-Europe sailings
THE North Europe component of the Shanghai Containerised Freight Index (SCFI) dropped 6
- Maersk, MSC blanks AE2 Asia-Europe from October to mid-November
2M ALLIANCE partners Maersk and MSC are suspending their AE2/Swan Asia-North Europe loop from October until mid-November, removing up to 20,000 TEU a...
- HMM to add 519,000 TEU of box ship capacity to THE Alliance's network
SOUTH Korea's Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) is likely to add 34 ships with a total capacity of 519,000 TEU when it joins THE Alliance as a full...
- European Commission approves US$30.2m investment in Romania's river ports
THE European Commission has given the go-ahead to Romania's investment plan worth up to US$30
- 2M alliance co-operation and higher freight rates help Zim post Q2 profit
ISRAELI shipping line Zim achieved a net profit of US$5
- Air T's operating income falls to US$1.2m in quarter ending June 30
AIR T, Inc (AIRT) has posted an operating income of US$1
- Nansha doubles number of sailings to Rotterdam as PRD pivot port
GUANGZHOU's deep-water port of Nansha has doubled the number of direct connections with North Europe and West Africa, following the arrival of...
- HMM narrows Q2 loss 76pc to US$93 million as revenues rise 12.8pc
KOREA's Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) has narrowed its second quarter operating loss 76 per cent year on year to KRW112
- Order book puts CMA CGM in 2nd place by fleet size behind Maersk
FRENCH shipping line CMA CGM ordered five 15,000-TEU containerships from Jiangshan Shanghai in China in March for a reported US$130 million each
- Nansha port attracts 2M's AE7/CONDOR Asia and Europe loops
THE deep-water port of Nansha in Guangzhou has doubled the number of direct connections with North Europe and West Africa, following the arrival of...
- Tanjung Pelepas port welcomes world's largest box ship
MALAYSIA's port of Tanjung Pelepas (PTP) has accommodated the world's biggest containership, the 23,756 TEU MSC Gulsun, on her maiden voyage
- Fire-ravaged Maersk Honam resumes service
CONTAINERSHIP Maersk Honam is due to return to service in August under the name of Maersk Halifax after having a new bow section and deck house...
- CMA CGM blanks another Asia-North Europe sailing
FLUCTUATIONS between supply and demand has prompted CMA CGM to withdraw a further peak season headhaul Asia-North Europe sailing
- HMM to join THE Alliance, injecting capacity to rival that of 2M, Ocean Alliance
SOUTH Korea's Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) will join THE Alliance in 2020, breaking away from the 2M shipping alliance of Maersk Line and...
- Zim to take slots on 2M Alliance's 2nd Asia-US service along Gulf of Mexico
2M Alliance members Maersk Line and Mediterranean Shipping Company are launching a second service from Asia to the US via the Gulf of Mexico