PORT of Constanta Administration has joined the International Port Community Systems Association (IPSCA) as it looks to increase connectivity and...
- Port of Constanta joins IPSCA to boost connectivity
- OOCL clinches fuel efficiency gong
HONG Kong's Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL), now a Cosco unit, has been presented with the Fuel Efficiency Award at the Seatrade Maritime...
- Salvors save 2.3M tonnes of pollution!
Emergency towage tugs and salvage companies saved 214 vessels from danger in 2019 and prevented environmental pollution worldwide.
- Cargolux celebrates golden jubilee
CARGOLUX is celebrating 50 years of operations which, since its establishment in 1970, have seen it expand to become one of the leading freight-only...
- William Flynn is named new Amtrak president and COO
WILLIAM Flynn is to become Amtrak's new president and chief operating officer from mid-April
- Qatar Airways, Cargolux fly medical relief to China to combat virus
FIVE aircraft - two 747Fs and three 777Fs departed one after the other for Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou as part of Qatar Airways medical relief...
- Major alliances up Southeast Asia to US west coast shipping capacity
LEADING container shipping lines will this year offer more capacity between Southeast Asia and the US west coast, signalling that the US sourcing...
- Container lines blank more sailings to match demand, bolster rates
THE downturn in US-China trade is prompting major container shipping lines to scrap an expanding number of weekly transpacific sailings
- Airlines queue up to buy Made-in-USA Airbus jets to avoid US tariffs
AMERICAN airlines that fly Airbus planes have been asking that their planes come from Airbus's sole US plant, in Mobile, Alabama, to avoid...
- London shipbrokers buy stake in Swedish green analytics data firm
THE world's largest privately held shipbroker SSY (Simpson Spence Young), has taken a minority stake in a Swedish maritime analytics company,...
- US moves to make changes to free trade deal with Canada and Mexico
US President Donald Trump's new North American Free Trade Agreement (Nafta) deal is the 'easiest trade deal that we've ever done,'...
- Full Truck Alliance plans to dominate the China's truck-sharing market
CALLED China's Uber-for-trucks, the startup Full Truck Alliance (FTA) plans to dominate the national truck-sharing market, reports Bloomberg
- Garuda continues expansion leasing two freighters from GECAS
GARUDA Indonesia and the Irish-American commercial aviation financing and leasing company GECAS have entered into a lease agreement for two B737-800...
- Bimco proposes regulating ships' power to cut ship CO2 emissions
BIMCO has submitted a new proposal on regulating ships' power to the International Maritime Organisation (IMO) working group
- Democrats deliver expected counteroffer in USMCA talks with White House
HOUSE Democrats have made a counteroffer on the stalled trade pact with Mexico and Canada to President Donald Trump's Trade envoy, a sign the...
- Richard Smith back at helm of FedEx Express' US, global operations
RICHARD Smith, the son of CEO Fred Smith who founded FedEx decades ago, is now back at FedEx Express
- Air Transport Services Group makes COO Richard Corrado president
WILMINGTON's Air Transport Services Group (ATSG) chief operating officer Richard Corrado has become the first president of the firm starting...
- Eco concerns rise as US Navy disbands Climate Change Task Force
THE US Navy has disbanded Task Force Climate Change Arctic patrols, the decade-long watch for environmental change treated as a threat to national...
- POLB to study impact of port's automation on city as fears of job cuts mount
THE Long Beach City Council has ordered the city's harbour department to carry out a study on the economic impact of port automation on the city
- ACS arranges B747 to fly a military flight simulator from US-Japan
A 35-TONNE flight simulator from the US state of Texas has been successfully flown to Japan using a Boeing 747