ACI's 27th Maritime HR & Crew Management Conference will be held in London on October 21 and 22
- ACI Maritime Crew Management Conference in London October 21
- Annual peak air cargo season at full tilt all the way to Christmas
THE peak season is in full swing for international air freight when shippers pay more for less, reports New York's FreightWaves
- ZIM moves up, PIL out of the top 10 liner list with shrinking fleet
SINGAPORE's embattled Pacific International Lines (PIL) has slipped out of the top 10 global liner rankings with further sales of its dwindling...
- How rescuing drowning migrants became a crime!
The Iuventa ran hundreds of missions to save migrants from drowning off the coast of Libya. But after Europe cracked down on migration, its crew...
- Seafarers are facing a Covid-driven humanitarian crisis!
Thousands of mariners are unable to sign off from their ships, causing considerable mental agony to them and their families
- Viking ship runs aground off Finland, all passengers evacuated!
A ferry operated by Finnish company Viking Line has run aground in the Åland Islands waters between Finland and Sweden, Finnish authorities said.
- This new technology can save whales from ship collisions
A newly developed tool uses AI, a mobile app and big data to help mariners avoid whale strikes.
- AUTOPLAN project kick-off meeting in UZMAR
The AUTOPLAN (Automatic Navigation Assistance System for Planing and Semi-planing Crafts) project kick-off meeting was held on 10th September 2020...
- Sydney's container congestion sparks anger all round Down Under
SYDNEY's pile up of empties, sorely needed in China ports if liners would only take them there, are causing massive congestion in Botany Bay,...
- PIL unloads another three box ships to stay afloat
SINGAPORE-BASED under pressure Pacific International Lines (PIL) continues to divest itself of tonnage to help pay bills
- Sanmar delivers another tug to Somaliland Port Authority
- Work starts on world's first large box ship LNG conversion
CHINA's Shanghai Huarun Dadong Dockyard has started the US$30 million retrofit of Hapag-Lloyd's 15,000-TEU Sajir to use LNG as fuel in what...
- India's major box port volumes increased 17.4pc in July
INDIA's container volumes through the country's ports continued to rise in July, albeit slightly, reports New Delhi's Financial Express
- Homesick sailors' internet link caused Mauritius grounding
A SEARCH for an internet link during the celebration of a crewman's birthday appears to have been the cause of the 203,130-dwt Panamanian-flagged...
- Pacific International Lines founder Chang Yun Chun at 102
Chang Yun Chung, the 102-year-old founder of Pacific International Lines (PIL), passed away peacefully at home in Singapore on Friday morning
- Air cargo rates out of China are high and climbing, say analysts
ASIA air freight rates are high and climbing higher as the Covid lockdowns reduce capacity rising demand causes rates to skyrocket, reports New...
- Court stops Kenya Airways pilots' sacking until state bailout
A COURT ordered Kenya Airways to stop sacking pilots pending a case challenging the layoffs, reports Bloomberg
- United to eliminate 16,370 jobs because of weak demand
UNITED AIRLINES will eliminate 16,370 jobs next month to shrink operations in response to a decline in flights because of Covid pandemic, reports...
- HMM joins PSA in Singapore to run container terminal hub
KOREA's Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) has become the sixth container line to enter into a joint venture terminal in Singapore with PSA
- COVID-19: Nigeria Repatriates Over 500 Seafarers!
More than 500 seafarers have been repatriated to their various countries from Nigeria in the wake of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic, an...