THE Port of Savannah exported more loaded containers than any other port in the country from January through May, achieving a 12
- Savannah harbour is now number one port for American exports
- By refusing to work, more over-contract seafarers get off via Panama
After recent success in helping the crew of the MV Contamines get off their vessel and be repatriated via Panama, the ITF has helped more seafarers...
- Home Depot to opens three distribution centres near Atlanta
BIG BOX retailer Home Depot to has announced that it will open three distribution centres in Georgia over the next 18 months to support the growing...
- GPA's Savannah now ranks as top port in US for agriculture exports
THE proximity to major producers, direct access via road and rail, broad global network has enabled the Port of Savannah to become the top port in...
- Port of Savannah box volumes slip nearly 10pc in May due to Covid-19
CONTAINER throughput at the Port of Savannah's Garden City Terminal dropped 9
- Port of Savannah commissions first 9 of 18 Mason Mega Rail tracks
GEORGIA Ports Authority (GPA) has reached a milestone by putting put into operation the first nine of 18 new working tracks, with its first two...
- Greece doubles down on building Chinese cooperation in Piraeus port
THE Athens Stock Exchange-listed Piraeus Port Authority's (PPA) US$648 million investment plan is moving all ahead full, Greek Shipping Minister...
- US west coast seaports remain operational albeit at lower demand levels
RUMOURS have been swirling that the US biggest ports were closing after business was dented by the US-China trade war and now rattled by the global...
- Savannah port receives 3 more ship-to-shore cranes
THE Port of Savannah has taken delivery of three neopanamax ship-to-shore cranes, bringing its total to 36, more than any other single terminal in...
- New arrivals bring Savannah's crane fleet to 36, most in North America
THE Port of Savannah received three neo-panamax ship-to-shore cranes, bringing its total to 36, more than any other single terminal in North America
- ICTSI net profit plunges 52pc despite rises in revenue and box volume
MANILA's International Container Terminal Services Inc (ICTSI) has posted a net profit of US$100
- Major US ports see container traffic shrink in January
THE US-China trade war, the prolonged Lunar New Year factory shutdown combined with the coronavirus outbreak worldwide squeezed container volumes at...
- US-China trade deal bodes well for poultry exporters via Georgia ports
THE governor of the US state of Georgia Brian Kemp told the Georgia Foreign Trade Conference that the new trade deal with China has already resulted...
- Georgia to expand Savannah box terminal by 1m TEU through land acquisition
THE Georgia Ports Authority has acquired 145 acres of land to expand the port of Savannah by one million TEU in annual capacity
- Construction of Georgia's mega Anaklia seaport may be halted
AMID speculation that the construction of the giant seaport in Anaklia may be in jeopardy, the former general contractor intends to launch a legal...
- UPS to airlift 2 million masks and protective gear to Wuhan
THE UPS Foundation, a United Parcel Service charity, has announced that it is providing free air transport of two million respirator masks and 11,000...
- Port of Savannah sets new record with 5.6pc rise to 4.6 million TEU
THE Port of Savannah posted a 5
- WFS renews contracts with Cathay, Ethiopian and Allegiant in N America
MAJOR cargo-handling services provider, Worldwide Flight Services (WFS), has signed new contracts with Cathay Pacific, Ethiopian Airlines and...
- Savannah's Nov box volume rises 5.4pc with greater intermodal efficiency
THE US Port of Savannah handled 363,000 TEU in November, representing a 5
- Savannah handled 363,000 TEU in November as growth continues
GEORGIA's port of Savannah moved 363,000 TEU in November, a year-on-year increase of 5