THE new container terminal at the Namibian Port of Walvis Bay, built between 2014 and 2019 and commissioned in August 2019, is now fully operational
- New box terminal at Namibian Port is fully operational
- E-commerce growth leads to rise in shipping and investments: CMA CGM chief
THE head of French shipping giant CMA CGM says the future of the world's fourth-largest container line will increasingly be built on e-commerce
- FIS Air Freight Report indicates continually rising prices per kilogramme
EXPORT prices kicked back into action on the last week of August, despite many seeing a lull in actual moved volumes until mid September, according...
- Warning on Xmas shipments, airfreight capacity crunch push e-commerce to sea
FLORIDA-BASED parcel delivery network for Latin America SkyPostal has sounded an alarm for disappointments at Christmas
- DHL Global Forwarding connects three continents with dedicated flights
THE freight forwarding specialist of Deutsche Post DHL Group, DHL Global Forwarding, has launched an air freight charter connecting Asia Pacific to...
- Carriers impose congestion surcharges as strikes roll across Australian ports
LOBBY group Shipping Australia has backed DP World Australia's application to the Fair Work Commission to terminate industrial action at...
- Liftings at Port of LA reach record 961,833 TEU in August
THE Port of Los Angeles had its best month ever in August, processing a record-setting 961,833 TEU in August
- Bollore and Antonov Airlines move Airbus satellite from France to US
FRANCE's transport and logistics business provider Bollore Logistics recently teamed up with Ukraine-based Antonov Airlines to move Airbus...
- Dachser expands charters from Hong Kong to Frankfurt
GERMAN forwarding giant Dachser Air & Sea Logistics is expanding its premium charter programme to include the Hong Kong-Frankfurt route which started...
- TS Lines places US$91m order for four box ships at Huangpu Wenchong
TAIWANESE intra-Asia carrier TS Lines has commissioned the building of up to four 1,900 TEU containerships with a price tag of US$22
- WFS scores a double at Madrid Airport
PARIS, France-headquartered Worldwide Flight Services (WFS) has won cargo handling contracts with AirBridgeCargo Airlines (ABC) and Air China Cargo...
- Prompt action needed for air cargo sector to handle vaccine distribution
THE global head of cargo at the International Air Transport Association (IATA), Glynn Hughes, says the air cargo sector still faces challenges after...
- Mounting pressure on China exporters with soaring US shipping costs
SHIPPING freight rates from Shanghai to the west coast of the US have more than doubled to US$3,639 per FEU between May to August, making it the...
- Cathay flew 98.8pc fewer passengers and 36.7pc less cargo in August
HONG Kong's Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon carried a total of 102,122 tonnes of cargo and mail in August, a decrease of 36
- Cathay burning cash at a monthly rate of US$259m, more restructuring on the way
HONG Kong's flagship carrier Cathay Pacific has warned of further restructuring with the airline burning cash at a staggering rate of up to HKD2...
- Antonov Airlines delivers newest satellite for SpaceX launch
ANTONOV Airlines has cooperated with Bollore Logistics to move Airbus Defence and Space's most current satellite, ANASIS-II to the USA, reports...
- Global container shipping had its best second quarter since 2010
THE container shipping industry made US$2
- Port of Long Beach enjoys its best ever August in its history
THE Port of Long Beach had the best August in its 109-year history, marking a strong start to the peak shipping season, although Covid-19 continues...
- China mulls enacting blank sailing ban to chill soaring freight rates
BEIJING is considering forbidding ocean carriers to cancel sailings from China as transpacific rates soared to an eight-year high, reported...
- A-E rate up 1.1pc to US$1,054/TEU, USWC off 3.2pc to $3,813/FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending Friday rose 1