THE Belgian Port of Zeebrugge container throughput increased 4
- Port of Zeebrugge 2019 box volume increases 4.8pc to 1.7 million TEU
- Swissport, Lufthansa renew cargo handling contract for Belgian airports
SWISSPORT and Lufthansa have signed a new five-year contract to perform cargo handling at Brussels and Liege airports
- State to build dock to raise Antwerp's capacity 7.1 million TEU
THE government of the Belgian Flanders Region has said it will build a new Antwerp tidal dock on the River Scheldt's bank, expected to add...
- Kuehne + Nagel buys overland and logistics units of Netherlands' Rotra
FOLLOWING the recent takeover of the Jobst Group in Austria, Swiss global logistics giant Kuehne + Nagel announced the acquisition of the overland...
- Liege Airport enrols three new partnerships
LIEGE Airport has announced three new partnerships - with Alibaba Cloud, Orange Belgium and Qatar Airways
- Belgian ports - Antwerp and Zeebrugge - start talks on possible merger
FOLLOWING a complementarity study conducted by the consultancy firm Deloitte and the Belgian law firm Laga, the port authorities of Antwerp and...
- Maersk offers Egyptian feeder to cover suspended AE2 service
WHILE the AE2 container shipping service is suspended, Maersk Line will offer its Asia to Felixstowe, UK shippers a feeder alternative via its Suez...
- UK authorities seize 1.3 tonnes of heroin at Felixstowe in Maersk box ship
OFFICERS from the Border Force and the National Crime Agency (NCA) in the United Kingdom have netted 1,279 kilogrammes of heroin worth GBP130 million...
- Swissport develops pharma centre at its Brussels air cargo facility
SWISSPORT is investing in a state-of-the-art air cargo facility at Brussels Airport with the landlord constructing the building while the global...
- Belgium launches new ecommerce-friendly digital customs platform
BELGIUM has introduced a new ecommerce-friendly customs platform to simplify the import and export of goods, one particularly suitable for those...
- Hamburg Sud christens 'Polar Ecuador' in Antwerp
MAERSK-OWNED shipping line Hamburg Sud has christened the 'Polar Ecuador' containership in Antwerp
- Zeebrugge to be Cosco's new North European hub: Alphaliner
COSCO Shipping Lines and its Ocean Alliance plan to significantly increase the number of calls at the Zeebrugge port, which according to new...
- China's Belt and Road initiative wins friends in Belgium's Liege Airport
BELGIUM's Liege Airport is the latest to benefit from the China's Belt and Road Initiative, as the launch of new direct flights and freight...
- A record 40-tonne spare part is plane sailing for AirBridge
RUSSIA's AirBridgeCargo Airlines (ABC) has transported a 37
- dnata expands with state-of-the-art cargo facility at Brussels Airport
DUBAI international ground handler dnata continues to increase its global footprint and has invested EUR8 million (US$8
- Brussels cargo volumes fall 3.2pc in January with freighter cut-backs
A sharp decline in maindeck cargo on freighters saw Brussels Airport's monthly cargo volumes fall 3
- WFS opens new mega cargo handling facility at Brussels airport
AIR cargo handler Worldwide Flight Services (WFS) has opened a new 8,700-square-metre facility at Brussels Airport that is part of a wider...
- Call for forwarders to use UK airports outside of London
MANCHESTER Airports Group, the operator of the East Midlands, Manchester and Stansted airports, has sounded the alarm that there is the 'real...
- Airfreight volume at Liege Airport soars 21.5pc in 2018
BELGIAN cargo hub, Liege Airport, handled 870,644 tonnes in 2018, a 21
- Sulphate scrubbers spark debate after Singapore bans their use in port
THE debate surrounding the use of scrubbers to conform with the International Maritime Organisation's (IMO) new 2020 sulphur cap is intensifying...