SHIP detentions were up in the Asia-Pacific region in 2019 after seven years of decline, according to the annual report of the Tokyo MOU, an...
- Safety crackdown led to more ship detentions in 2019: report
- Proposed box port at Vadhavan to relieve JNPT faces green opposition
THE western Indian state of Maharashtra is gearing up to develop a mega container port to be constructed at a cost of INR655
- Box shipping voyages are shelved at the last moment as cargo dries up
CARGO is in short supply with ocean liners cutting sailings and discounting container spot rates from Asia this week
- AIR cargo volumes in Africa surged 12.6 pc in October, outperforming rest of world
ACCORDING to data compiled by the International Air Transport Association (IATA), globally airfreight volumes dropped by 3
- Oakland seeks turning basin expansion to boost competitiveness
THE Port of Oakland officials plan to expand the turning basins to accommodate ships of 18,000-TEU capacity, as well as upgrade roads
- Global air freight volumes decline by 5pc in September: IATA
CARGO traffic globally, measured in freight tonne kilometres (FTKs), fell by 4
- NY-NJ port upgrades to surpass Long Beach in throughput rankings
IN the first eight months of the year the port complex of New York-New Jersey handled 4
- Maersk revises upwards 2019 earnings forecast with strong sea freight volumes
MAERSK has announced that earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) for the whole of this year will be between US$5
- Rates keep falling - US west coast ports suffer lower volumes: Xeneta
OCEAN freight rates are continuing to fall, with global prices dropping 0
- World's largest box ship, MSC Gulsun, completes maiden voyage
MEDITERRANEAN Shipping Company (MSC) has revised upwards the official capacity of its new mega ship, MSC Gulsun, by adding on an extra 805 TEU,...
- Shipping sector shows mixed performance in first half: Clarksons
OVERALL the ClarkSea Index rose eight per cent year on year in the first half, and Clarksons Research's mid-year report for the shipping sector...
- MSC 11,600-TEUer likely to be forfeited in biggest-ever US cocaine bust
THE 11,600-TEU MSC Gayane, loaded with 18,000 kilogrammes (20 tons) of cocaine, was seized by US Customs and Border Protection upon its arrival at...
- Box rates reverse downward trend as trade surges: Xeneta
INCREASING US exports and European imports has reversed the downward trend in rates for the container shipping industry, according to the latest XSI...
- Europe gripped in fuel drought, Paris riots over CO2 tax, prices soar
PARIS has erupted in mass rioting over fuel shortages and new carbon taxes as Germany's industrial southwest and Switzerland faces lack of supply...
- Med ports experience volume growth but share capacity limit concerns
CAPACITY issues and changing trade patterns could hinder the growth prospects for some of the Mediterranean's ports where the region's trade...
- Global box freight rates continues to rise in August, major indices show
CONTAINER freight rates continued on their upwards trajectory in the first week of August following capacity reductions in the major east-west trade...
- Carrier consolidation cure and cause of rate volatility: SeaIntel
CARRIER consolidation is necessary to stabilise markets, says SeaIntel CEO Alan Murphy, 'but the path leading to a critical mass of consolidation has...
- Box shipping lines earn US$7 billion in 2017, outlook looks brighter for 2018
CONTAINER shipping lines worldwide are estimated to have collectively earned US$7 billion last year, and Drewry forecasts 2018's results may be even...
- 2017 container volume growth forecast revised upwards to 6.4pc: Alphaliner
A SURVEY by analyst Alphaliner shows global container port volumes grew at 7.7 per cent in the third quarter, higher than expected.
- Asia-Med freight rates to come under pressure in Q4 with entry of mega ships
CONTAINER freight rates on Asia-Mediterranean trade lanes are expected to come under renewed pressure in the fourth quarter, as a result of...