SAUDI's King Abdulaziz Port in Dammam has set a new record for any Saudi port on the Persian Gulf by handling 12,691 TEU in a single call,...
- Saudi Global Ports in Dammam sets new single ship call handling record
- Volga-Dnepr, Geodis flies 400 million medical masks from Shenzhen to Paris
RUSSIAN airline Volga-Dnepr has teamed up French forwarding giant Geodis to complete 48 flights in 90 days flying 400 million Chinese medical masks...
- World's biggest, 24,000-TEU HMM Gdansk, docks at Hong Kong's HIT
ONE of Korea's Hyundai Merchant Marine's (HMM) 24,000-TEUers, the biggest box ship ever built, has arrived in Hong Kong at Kwai Tsing...
- LNG drives Northern Sea Route H1 transits up 1.1pc to 14.5 million tonnes
SHIPMENTS on the Northern Sea Route increased 1
- Kalmar wins mega reachstacker order from Australian logistics firm
CARGOTEC's subsidiary Kalmar has received a significant order for ten Kalmar Eco reachstackers, five empty container handlers and one medium...
- Port Houston to get US$80 million grant for box shop development
PORT Houston is to receive nearly US$80 million from the US Department of Transportation for a project at one of its container terminals
- Oakland's big container terminal to receive giant cranes from ZPMC
THE Port of Oakland has announced that three cranes able to load the world's largest container ships will soon be coming from Shanghai's ZPMC...
- Ports need US$13 billion upgrade as shippers reshore from China
CONTAINER terminals in Southeast Asia may need to invest up to US$13 billion to keep pace with expected supply chain diversification from China,...
- Box volume at Virginia port plunges 23pc in May due to pandemic
THE Port of Virginia's cargo volume in May plummeted 22
- Melbourne moves from 4,500-TEUers to 10,662-TEU CMA CGM Ural
THE Port of Melbourne has docked its biggest box ship ever - the 10,662-TEU Ural, reports the UK's Port Strategy
- DP World purchases major stake in TIS Yuzhny port's box terminal
DUBAI's DP World has completed its acquisition of a 51 per cent stake in TIS Container Terminal in the Ukrainian Port of Yuzhny, 50 kilometres...
- APM Terminals Barcelona obtains OEA status for customs procedures
APM Terminals Barcelona has obtained the Authorised Economic Operator (OEA) certificate for customs procedures, a declaration issued by the Spanish...
- LA-Long Beach gate fees rise 4.2pc to US$33.47/TEU from August 1
TRAFFIC mitigation fees levied at the ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach will increase 4
- Ghana: First quarter cargo traffic rose by 12.6pc to 166,685 TEU
FIRST quarter laden container volume at Ghana's two seaports, Tema and Takoradi,increased 12
- South Carolina to open first new US box terminal in 11 years
THE South Carolina Ports Authority (SCPA), in adopting its annual budget, announced the opening of the first new US container terminal in 11 years,...
- PSA and DP World in line for major port projects in Chittagong
TWO global port operators - Singapore's PSA and Saudi Arabia's Red Sea Gateway Terminal (RSGT) - have been shortlisted to build Bay Terminal,...
- Cai Mep ready to gain from supply chain exit from China
VIETNAM's Cai Mep-Thi Vai container port, which now routinely handles 14,000 - 16,000-TEUers, recently saw the maiden call of 2M's TP17...
- Sanmar Adds "IYIDERE" to Its Portfolio as Targe Towing from UK have ordered!
Targe Towing from UK have ordered two Robert Allan RAmbler 1200 multi-purpose mini tugs based on the successful twin screw RA 1600 design.
- Indian government gives the nod for new 10m TEU port north of Mumbai
INDIA's busiest port Mumbai is slated to get another satellite port later this decade to alleviate congestion concerns
- CMA CGM seeks investment opportunities in Africa
WITH African nations seeing a record growth rate of 5 per cent over the past decade, French shipping giant CMA CGM has turned its focus to the...