US agricultural exports increased 12
- US Q1 containerised agricultural exports up 13pc
- China warns of 'new cold war' as US trade tensions rise
THE prospects of a trade war between China and the western economies have increased rapidly in recent days as Beijing accused the US of pushing...
- China's big automaker profit falls 29pc to US$3.6 billion in 2019
SAIC Motor, the biggest automaker in China, reported a 28
- Expert: US must be more friendly if China is to honour trade deal
THE US must create a friendly atmosphere if China is to honour its part in the current trade deal, according to agricultural expert Li Qiang, chief...
- Yang Ming, HMM post quarterly losses and expect more heavy weather
TAIWAN's Yang Ming and Korea's HMM suffered first quarter losses as the coronavirus took its toll on Chinese volumes, reported IHS Media
- US escalates trade war with tighter controls on Huawei suppliers
THE US has increased the pressure on Huawei by tightening export controls on the Chinese telecoms group and its suppliers, heightening tensions with...
- Trump threatens to cut off relations with China over virus denial
US President Donald Trump has warned that he could 'cut off the whole relationship' with China, in the latest escalation of US tensions with...
- SEA EUROPE FULLY SUPPORTS THE AMBITIONS OF THE EUROPEAN GREEN DEAL
SEA Europe – the Shipyards’ and Maritime Equipment Association – fully supports the ambitions of the European Commission’s “European...
- Seafarers Happiness Index report reveals how seafarers are affected by Covid-19
The latest Seafarers Happiness Index report, published today by The Mission to Seafarers, has revealed real insight into the lives of seafarers...
- WTO: Trade set to plunge as COVID-19 pandemic upends global economy
The wide range of possibilities for the predicted decline is explained by the unprecedented nature of this health crisis and the uncertainty around...
- Cathay 'cautiously optimistic' about cargo, but expects 'substantial loss' in H1 2020
HONG Kong's flag carrier Cathay Pacific says that its cargo business, despite facing headwinds, has managed to maintain its cargo capacity intact
- Salalah port sees box volumes grow 21pc to new high of 4.1m TEU
THE cyclone Mekunu-ravaged port of Salalah pulled off an impressive recovery in 2019 with container throughput rising to a record 4
- China, North American trade deals cut risks of recession, says Fed
AMERICA's China trade deal, plus the free trade pact with Mexico and Canada has 'helped reduce downside risks and buoys business...
- US wins WTO approval for tariffs on US$7.5 billion of EU aircraft
IN RESPONSE to a World Trade Organisation (WTO) decision that permits the US to impose retaliatory import tariffs on US$7
- Air France KLM 2019 cargo falls 5.9pc to US$2.2 billion in downturn
AIR FRANCE-KLM airline posted a 5
- Asia Pacific's air cargo unravels as virus creates havoc on supply chains
THE coronavirus outbreak is presenting the air cargo industry in the Pacific Rim and Asia Pacific with massive challenges, reports...
- Reefer cargo diverted from China ports as virus restricts movement
CHINA's ports and terminals have too few electricity supplying reefers plugs to accommodate the incoming flow of reefer containers because of...
- SIA quarterly profit up 15.7pc to US$226.8 million as revenue rises 3pc
SINGAPORE Airlines' SIA Group posted a 15
- Falling air freight points to global downturn, hammered home by virus
GLOBAL air freight weakened again last month, after improving in the last quarter, dashing hopes of a revival now that the coronavirus outbreak has...
- 100 Indians, leftist protesters cripple Canadian railways to block pipeline
PROTESTS against a natural gas pipeline are crippling Canada's railways, prompting outcries of 'insanity' and 'ecoterrorism',...