THE Port of Seattle has unveiled plans to spend US$9
- Seattle to spend US$9.5 billion on port expansion of marine facilities
- More agricultural experts at US ports to stop entry of diseases
US President Donald Trump has signed legislation that will help swell the number of US Customs and Border Protection's (CBP) agriculture...
- Hong Kong exports plunged even before coronavirus showed its full impact
HONG KONG total outbound shipments in January plunged 23 per cent from a year earlier, far worse than the 3
- Deepsea container volumes grew 1pc to 169 million TEU in 2019: CTS
CONTAINER Trades Statistics (CTS) has calculated that containerised cargo transported over deepsea routes swelled to 169 million TEU in 2019, an...
- DSV Panalpina's airfreight volumes rise but profits decline due to integration
DSV's air freight revenues and volumes improved last year after buying Panalpina
- Mongolia-China 2019 cross-border trade volume swells to US$8.9 billion
CHINA's trade volume with Mongolia ballooned to US$8
- New Silk Road to use more rail to China, cut transit times
THE second half of last year's Eurasian rail freight traffic flows were sparked into action by major changes in Chinese support measures, Russian...
- Johor port's throughput swells to one million TEU
MALYASIA's Johor Port Bhd handled a record one million TEU in 2019, up 10
- Slow scrubber retrofits remove 3.6pc of box ship fleet from market
SOME 839,100 TEU of containership capacity, equivalent to 3
- Yang Ming sees Q3 loss swell to US$42m on operating revenue of $1.22b
TAIWAN's Yang Ming Marine Transport Corp suffered a third quarter loss after tax of NTD1
- Container freight rates rise in the run up to new IMO 2020 low sulphur fuel rule
CONTAINER spot freight rates on mainline Asia-Europe and trans-Pacific services surged by 12-30 per cent at the end of October after shipping lines...
- Box ships deployed on US and Europe trade lanes continue to balloon in size
THE average containership size on the Asia-North Europe trade is expected to reach 17,000 TEU by September 2020, while the size of vessels deployed...
- Global container fleet swells to 23m TEU - scrapping slows and demand weakens
SO far this year 826,000 TEU of cellular capacity on some 108 vessels has been received by liner operators, raising the total global containership...
- Bangladesh's garment industry looks set to cash in on US-China trade war
AS the world's second-largest garment exporter, the value of Bangladesh's overseas sales swelled to an all-time high of US$40
- Two tankers hit in the Gulf and oil surges over 4.5pc
TWO tankers were damaged in a suspected attack in the Gulf of Oman, just weeks after a previous incident in the region resulting in oil rebounding...
- Drewry anticipates box ship scrappings to rise with IMO's new sulphur rule
DREWRY Shipping Consultants predicts demolition of containerships will account for two per cent of the global fleet of 22 million TEU and forecasts...
- IMO 2020 sulphur cap sparks rush to fit scrubbers on box ships
NINE months ahead of the introduction of the new IMO 2020 sulphur cap for marine fuel, the total number of scrubber orders for containerships has...
- Fuel spill involving the Hapag-Lloyd 4,120-TEUer in New York Harbour
A 15-INCH hole in the hull in Hapag-Lloyd's the 4,120-TEU Dublin Express was found to be leaking fuel in New York Harbour this over the weekend
- Boeing 747: The Phoenix still rises with e-commerce swelling demand
AT 50, the Boeing 747 is no spring chicken but the jetliner - the former darling of commercial passenger air travel - has got the spring back in its...
- Canadian National Railway quarterly profit up 19pc to US$1.06 billion
CANADIAN National Railway (CN) reported that fourth quarter operating profit swelled by 19 per cent to C$1